Thursday 22 March 2012

My Dream Comeback

Of course not about blogging. haha. But about my achievements in sports and life. After my knee surgery in September 2010, I thought 2011 would be my 'comeback' year, as I was physically 'normal' enough to start training. But boy' it was a disappointing year. Why?

I was 3rd in the point chart for the PFL Div1, I wasn't selected as All Star due to crappy performance, I only did 1/3 of an OD triathlon, I 'hit the wall' during the round island ride for CFAL Edition 3, I was at 173 placing out of 500 riders in King Of the Mountain, I completed the PBIM half marathon in 2hours and the finisher's picture of me look like sh*t.

[KOM's Result]

[Official Pic, small and bad looking =P]

Life as an external auditor made training time even harder to find. You would be labelled lazy if you don't OT. It would affect your evaluation if you always leave office on time. And the longer you stay in the firm, more workload will start pouring in. I always wanted a healthy balance between work and life but I will never achieve this as long as I'm there.

Fortunately, my wish was granted. I got a new job (will talk about it in another post) and I really believe its God's blessings and provision upon my life. Hence, training is back in full swing yo.

First competition in 2012 is the annual PFL Div 1, as of to date things are looking pretty sweet to me. I've never stayed on top of the point chart ever since Ter Min-asanity begun. It will be hard for me to keep this position throughout the whole league but I'll try. =) Term congratulated me and said that if there is someone above him, he is glad that the person is me. I think he is just trying to be nice, pretty sure he will go out to claim his title. Anyhow, he is an inspiration to me and many floorballers out there.

[PFL Point chart as at 25th Feb 2012]

It's gonna be a tiring weekend for me as I have a game against the speedy Spearhead and an OD triathlon the following day in Lake Kenyir. Wish me courage in the swim, speed on the wheels and strength in my legs. =)

No comments: