Sunday 2 May 2010

Labour Day Floorball Challenge 2010

Personally, this is the best performance and the most satisfied victory I've ever tasted!. Coming back from behind is not the trait for Innebandy!Co, nevertheless, we did it. Not just once but twice! If you would to ask us, how we did it. I would say its the mental 'food' that we've been feeding one another with. Every club trains on the 'physical' side but not all are trained mentally. That's the area that we grew most since last year and it really worked well for our team. Well done boys!
team Innebandy!Co 2010
CHAMPION

Throughout this tournament, I learned a few things about myself. Inner circle became more real to me. It's not easy to practice it but I will learn and I will progress from my mistakes. I remember feeling extremely frustrated in our last group match against Dalat. I kinda 'blasted' and it affected my play and the rest of the team. Emotions are really contagious! Its rare that I can't get my head into the game but no man is perfect. We just have to learn from our mistakes and try not to repeat 'em.

After 'releasing' my tension. I came back into the second period reminding myself, I need to focus, I need to stay calm. I need to get back my head into the game. But it was too late. Every second counts when you're competing! I was really tired in our group matches, that might have triggered it. haha!

And the price we had to pay...a lost. =(

training mates [linken.jowyee.me.termin]

When I went home that night, I was determine that I should never repeat that mistake of mine. It may be frustrating when you're teammates don't do what you want. i.e not running around, not making a good pass, making stupid mistakes, etc But Inner Circle means complimenting one another's strength and weaknesses and not pointing fingers at one another. This stands out most in our final match against Ztec. Together with the LOVs, it turned out to be a 'fine' dish. =)

relaxing after our two toughest game in the group stage

Innebandy!Co is more than a floorball club, its a place where we learn, share and develop the Inne Culture (the training philosophies, the law of victory, etc), we learn how to play Floorball well, we learn how to be strong physically, we learn how to love, share and care for one another. Those who are interested to be part of this team, visit Innebandy!Co for more info. =)

Congrats again to all fighter that fought hard! Team Dalat 1, Dalat 2, NTU, Super Juniors, Contact, Ztec 8cers and lastly Innebandy!Co. =)

[Would like to thank PowerBar and FatPipe for believing in my talent and the sponsorship]

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

u guys really did a great job =) what u say is true, it's hard for everyone to do exactly what you want them to do. We need to learn our way, at times, thru reminder. I remember during training last time, the encouragements, advices and reminders from all u seniors really helped me a lot. But no matter what, you guys have did a superb job and it's all worth while =)

PS: did you hurt your shoulder???

Deswyn Wan said...

my shoulder is fine =p why? hahaha. thanks for your encouragement and support to the team. it's priceless!

Kathryn said...

lolz...cuz i saw on your 2nd goal against ZTec on the final, someone knock you on your shoulder, i thought it hurts and your stick flew out from your hand(i think)...glad that everything is ok..

Although i am not playing but my spirit will always be there =) take care!