Tuesday 29 March 2011

Up and Down

With a new career and a ‘cacat-ed’ knee, life is more colorful now. ‘Mental Vs Physical’ was/is what I had/have been experiencing. Some things are just so significant in your life; it appears to be a tattoo on your skin. I have new experiences and new friends made during this period. But I have my downs as well.

I’ve gotten to know that one of my closest friend have been trying to commit suicide a couple of times. This news really breaks my heart and I cried over it. I just feel helpless that I can’t do anything about it. One night, ABCDEF called me and cried on the other side of the line, telling me he/she just cut him/herself and he/she is in a lot of pain. I can’t understand 80% of whatever he/she is saying because the person was crying pretty badly. I understand the pain and struggles he/she is going through; I tried really hard convincing him/her to get medical help before it’s too late. I wept. My mum was with me that time and she said, “If you trust God, let’s pray together.”

In desperation I surrender this burden to God. 10 minutes later, I got a call from the person promising me that he/she will never do that again. Tell me, is this just a coincidence or God’s intervention. =) I could have taken his/her sms as a joke before the call. If I did, I guess I would never see or hear from him/her again. But ‘something’ just speaks to my heart about the seriousness of the situation. I just obeyed.

Sometimes it’s hard when you have troubled and ‘annoying’ friends in your life. But always always remember they’re humans with emotions and feelings. You never know, one day we might be in their shoes too. HE showed us L-O-V-E, so should me and you. It’s easier said than done but we’ve to try. These four-letter-words will determine life or death, joy or sorrow, hope or disappointment, light or darkness. So I pledge you guys to show love, whether it’s on or off the floorball court, in school, in your work place, on the roads, etc. I’ve a lot to learn from this as well, that’s why I need my ‘Inner Circle’ to help me grow and improve myself.

1 comment:

ky said...

Bro,

That took courage wei. One wrong word, one misquote, it might turn out bad. Hope you friend is stable already.

KY