Sunday 1 May 2011

Finally...

I've achieved my weekly target based on my STAR training program. It took me 4weeks to finally achieve it and the satisfaction is just yummy yummy yummy. I've learned a few things from it.
  1. It's not easy to achieve those targeted heart rate for x time. Because we wouldn't know which zone we're training at and that makes it difficult.
  2. You may be training hard but you may not be training effectively. Something to ponder on.
  3. It is not that easy to improve your fitness level without a guide/coach.
  4. I have to go through that kinda 'shit' every week if I really want to improve.
  5. Your weights training/body pump does not contribute more than 5% of the THR because it's a different kind of training.
  6. I need to train at least 4 times a week.
  7. You can't cheat. =(
But I do not know how effective this STAR training program is and I'm gonna be the white mice experimenting it. You may ask how would I know whether my fitness level is improving? Well, there is this fitness test function that comes together with my Polar FT80.

The result of the Polar Fitness Test is called OwnIndex. It is a score that is comparable to VO2max (ml x min-1 x kg-1 ), a commonly used descriptor of aerobic/cardiovascular fitness. Your OwnIndex value rises as you get fitter. To follow your fitness progress, start by measuring your OwnIndex a couple of times during the first two weeks to get a baseline value. Thereafter, repeat the test approximately once a month. When I just started my VO2max is 62.

my result and the chart

So I will check my VO2max in a few weeks time. Fingers cross. So what do I get when I achieve my weekly target. This is really fun and encouraging. You get a trophy and it appears on your watch. This week's message was EXCELLENT. Haven't heard this for a very long time. Dang! It feels good and motivating.

=)

my watch before achieving target. just date and time

after reaching weekly target. date, time and a trophy

And you can't hide and take that trophy away from your display. So if people ask me for time, I can proudly show them my trophy on my wrist. Wah...damn champion. Hahaha. damn lansi me. Work until gila d. wohooooooooooooooooooooo.

My overall result from my polarpersonaltrainer. Never regret buying such a gadget, Viva Polar FT80. If you wanna improve, you gotta do something. That's what I call independent culture. I will be missing 3 weeks for Floorball training with Innebandy!Co's team elite. I guess this is the little I can do to prepare myself for the long awaited PFL division 1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro! What's all this unique training about? I would love to learn about it :)

Deswyn Wan said...

haha. nothing unique. it's just old school training with latest technology. =)