Friday 22 June 2012

Untitled Post

I will be running my first full marathon this Sunday. I have mixed feelings because I am not well prepared for this run. 42.195km is no joke, furthermore I had a knee surgery in 2010. My main concern is my knee, if there is no pain, I can push through. Otherwise...KO.

My target time would be 4.5hours, if i achieve that, it would be a bonus for me. If not it would be 5 hours, anything more 5hours will be not so preferred. I'll do my best and I know this takes more mental strength than physical strength to finish the race. I think it's time for me to progress, since I'm quite comfortable with half marathons. Time to challenge myself.

My journey to KL starts tomorrow. Also, I'll be flying off to Indonesia on Monday for 3weeks. And for that, I will have to skip my Port Dickson triathlon which I have been looking forward for since many months ago. Sad but what can I do, work commitment comes first.

It's quite a busy month for me. As I will be attending JoLin's wedding the next day after reaching Penang, Century Ride Malaysia 160km ride after the wedding on the following day. I hope I can find a place for me to train in Indonesia and I hope I don't get haze attacks over there.

Besides that, I will be missing 3 sessions of state training for the Merdeka Cup. How am I gonna cope with the changes in strategy by coach Ed. How how how?

But that's just life, you can't have everything you want. I will just take this as a break for my body to recover. Will do a race report on my first full marathon soon. Cheers and happy weekend! =)

No comments: