Monday 28 May 2012

Super Sunday

Last Sunday’s message was about Pentecostal Sunday. Text taken was from Acts 2:1-21. Our senior pastor mentioned that there are three important truths that we can learn from these scriptures if we want our church to grow.

1.       Unity
2.       Prayer
3.       Repentance

I instantly texted Sam when he mentioned those 3 points. I told him excitedly, “This can also be linked to our 3ICs”.

1.       Unity – Inner Circle
2.       Prayer – Independent Culture
3.       Repentance – Insane Courage

Besides this, I have also another confirmation regarding the vision of Innebandy!Co, that is ‘to be an influencer and a role model’. For months I’ve been debating with myself, is this the right direction for the club and the other Bandy!Cos. Many times I hesitated to publish this statement because to be honest, it sounds cheesy and lame. For me, there is not much depth, unlike our training philosophies and law of victory. So I prayed and asked God for His wisdom and guidance.

Days passes, weeks passed and months passed, still no answer. Nothing. Elek pocik. I almost gave up waiting and wanting to change the vision statement as Cui Lin re-design the banner for our club’s blog. But a still small voice insisted that the vision statement should remain and just have faith. It was hard but I just believe and obeyed.
  
And on the same Sunday when the “3ICs” were shared, the banner at the side of the sanctuary just jumped out from the wall. It has been there for more than a year but it never gave me that kinda excitement even though it is church’s theme verse and vision for the year. ><

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
1 Peter 2:9 NKJV

If you were to summarize this verse into 8 words, it would be ‘TO BE AN INFLUENCER AND A ROLE MODEL’. We are to be reminded of how precious and exclusive we all are to God, imagine God saying we are HIS own special people and we are specifically chosen into His marvelous light. If we are what God says we are, we should automatically be an influencer and a role model because how can one be a royal priesthood or a holy nation when you’re not exactly a good influence or a role model? And of course all this cannot be achieved with our own strength but by the grace of God. That is why the Bandy!Co exist to help people know that they are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s own special people that they may proclaim the praises of Him who called them out of darkness into His marvelous light thus making them an influencer and a role model among their family, peers, friends and society.

Remember how I said the vision statement sounds cheesy and lame, I am also reminded that the vision statement is just like a tip of an iceberg. If you really study and understand it, the magnitude and the depth of the vision is like an iceberg hidden beneath the sea. It's really hugeeeeee and full of substance!  

I was almost blown out of my sit that Sunday, I did not just get a confirmation regarding the vision but a revelation that Innebandy!Co’s vision is consistent with our church’s vision and that really gave me peace from within. Now I know, we’re in the right direction and I am 100% confident with the vision set for the club.

All glory to Jesus.

Innebandy!Co 2012

No comments: