Thursday 1 August 2013

GG

After changing the layout of my room, I needed a 3 shelf cupboard to put my files in. I asked Imani if there is any furniture shop around, he said yes. We walked about 10 minutes to the shop where they custom made furniture with only wood, nail and hammer. I showed him the photo I got from Google and asked him whether he could make one. He said yes and he is charging USD50. I told him it's too expensive and we agreed at USD25.

As we walked back home, we passed a gym in a small hut. Actually I've sign up for that gym. Since there was no one there, I thought of taking a photo of it. After taking 3 photos, I heard people shouting from behind. 3 armies were there, 1 jumped out from the window and started walking towards me. He started speaking in French and started scolding me. He kept saying no! no! no! no! He asked me to give him my phone, I told him I will delete the photo, but he said it was too late. I was surprise he could say that line in English.

I had no choice but to give him my phone, behind my mind, I knew I was in deep trouble. Imani started talking to him and the army doesn't look very pleased. After 5 minutes, he smiled and he return me my phone. I told him I was sorry and we quickly walked away. Upon returning my phone, the army told me that I don't have to delete the photos anymore but I've already done it.

So no gym photo today...

Imani later told me no photographs are allowed in the afternoon but I could take photos in the morning or evening. Don't get the logic of it. But as long as you are around the army, DON'T bring out your camera. Lesson learned.


1 comment:

heart4God said...

my goodness. Sounds like a very scary environment to be living in. Please don't leave your house without a local with you.