Saturday 27 July 2013

Wild at Heart

I ask God what am I here for? What does He want me to learn? What does He want me to do? What does He want from me? What is He trying to speak to me? Questions after questions, it lingers in my mind. I wouldn't say I have all the answers now but I know the direction He is leading me to...a man Wild at Heart. What does it really mean to be wild at heart? 

Mental vs Physical is the past and even in the Bible it is written, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens (Ecc 3:1 NIV)". This is a new season for me, sports has prepared me mentally and physically for the next season in life. I pray that we will all discover what God has planted in our hearts.

The book, Wild at Heart by John Eldredge was given to me by my youth pastor, Yean May and her macho husband, Hooi Jin in 2006. I have yet to finish this book after...7 years. Haha! BUT...this book was read at a perfect time. Of all my limited reading material, this was the only book I brought along with me. As I start flipping the pages, it made me realized coming here is the right decision.

More about it later...  

Dear Deswyn, May you always dare to dream and be the man that God made you to be. Yours sincerely, Yean May & Hooi Jin

I had the opportunity to speak to Yean May and Hooi Jin before I left. I really thank God for them. We need more people like them in our lives. Their words of encouragement and faith in me never fails to make me strive for more; to be the man God wants me to be and to dare to dream BIG. Hooi Jin said this to me again and again, "If I ever needed someone to convey an important message by crossing the continent, he is sure I will get the job done no matter what." I rarely hear words like this, but it made me believe that I am that man. 

I admire this people because they are real, they are down to earth and most importantly, Godly. It's a blessing to just be around you guys. Thank you for always believing in me. =) Next goal, is to build a family like yours. 

No comments: