Thursday 10 June 2010

Passion Uh La La

There's a huge difference in mindset when you train with passion versus merely pushing yourself to attain a goal. With passion, it sets up a neurological response that gives you pure motivation, it takes out the grind of daily training sessions. Don't we all hate the physical training at Bukit Dumbar, Metropolitan Park or the gym? It simply means, we are not passionate about getting strong, hard, fast, etc physically and mentally.

3rd LOV tells us that, passion should be unquenchable. Who does it mean by unquenchable? I like the definition from this online dictionary;

'Impossible to suppress or destroy'

But is it possible to say its impossible for passion do die down or get destroyed? Based on my life experience, passion can be suppress or destroy, usually by people you're close with and people you trust. I call them the 'destroyer'. People like them only look at problems and not opportunity or potential a person have. =(

The good news it, passion can be revived and renewed. I remember during my college days, the FES chairman(lady) told us, passion is like a bubble. Sometimes people (the destroyer) pops it intentionally (for whatever selfish reasons) but we can inflate it back again by trusting yourself, listening to your heart and relying on God.

I admit I've lost my passion for a couple of things in life. =( I know I am different. As I read blogs, FB wall posts and comments of floorballers around Penang. I am driven and shaken up by their passion for the sport. I am listening and watching you guys. =) You may not know me but I recognize this people. For that I salute you and wish you all the best.

Keep the passion burning!

No comments: