Thursday 19 July 2012

$co0t3r

This morning in the ferry, an Indian man walked up to me and asked, “Eh…this scooter is new model ar? Never see before wan? I never see this colour before”. I’m like ok what should I say? Is he being sarcastic or what? I replied, “No la uncle, this scooter very old d, my grandfather’s time wan.” He continued, “Oh ya ya, can see that through the number plate PCP.” Then he walks away. So random.

I bought this scooter because I want to cut down my cost on travelling since I’ve to travel to Butterworth every day now. Instead of paying RM7.70 per trip (ferry), now I only pay RM2.00. That is a cost saving of RM5.70 per trip. Let’s take an average of 21 working days in a month; 

Total savings for a month = RM5.70 X 21 working days
=RM119.70

Total savings for a year = RM119.70 X 12 months
=RM1,436.40

That is quite  a savings and the cost of my scooter…RM500. Even so, I did not pay a single cent for it, because I ‘traded’ for it. I sold off my old fulcrum 7 wheelset for RM500 and I got the scooter for RM500. After the set off, it’s like consider free lo. Haha.

If I work here for 10 years, I would have saved a whoping RM14,364.00, that’s if the price of ferry transportation remains but I doubt that le.

Traded this
and this


For this =) good deal?

3 comments:

小吉天下 said...

hahaha~ RM14,364... quite a number...^^

Deswyn Wan said...

yes yes quite a number, IF i stay here long lo. hahaha

小吉天下 said...

bicycle come la... more save...hahaha...can save another RM2/= :P