Monday 6 August 2012

Project Save Orange Episode 1


My Report

Timeline: 4.8.2012 (Saturday) approximately 10am.
Suspects: 
The patient (suspect A's mother)
Suspect A (A skinny lady in her late 40s)
Suspect B (Driver? mayb)
Suspect C (Random lady)
Suspect B and C might be the same person
Victim: Orange the middle size grey Schnauzer
Motor vehicle used : Type of SUV i.e Avanza
People in the house: Uncle (Dentist), aunty and grandma.

When all this happen, my aunt and grandma were behind the house, at the kitchen or toilet doing their daily chores. Unfortunately, there was no one else in the house except for them. My uncle recalled that when he was dealing with the PATIENT, SUSPECT A was reading the newspaper and lifting the newspaper up high just right outside of the treatment room. He thought it was weird but he didn't pay much attention to it because at the point of time, he did not suspect anything. Few seconds later, he heard the sound of the brown wooden door being opened; he thought it was one of our family members going in and out of the house. Here we assumed that SUSPECT B went into the house and lure Orange out. Orange is a friendly dog and she would run out as soon as she sees an opening. My uncle continued checking the PATIENT ignoring the sound of the wooden door.
Treatment Room
"Suspect A" lifting newspaper up high to block my uncle's view




Wooden door to access my house, Orange is behind this wooden door
Behind the wooden door, Orange should be somewhere here when Suspect B came in
When the PATIENT came in together with SUSPECT A, my uncle could see that the PATIENT needed assistance to walk because her legs were weak or something. So he asked, "Only you came with your mother? Can you carry her out/in by yourself?" SUSPECT A just smiled without saying much. My uncle felt this lady was weird. After fixing the PATIENT'S dentures, they all left. My uncle push the entrance door for them and asked where is their car, as he was was being nice to his customers making sure SUSPECT A have enough strength to carry the PATIENT to the car.  SUSPECT A answered, "Our car is just right down the road". If you knew your mother has difficulty walking, what is the logic or parking a car somewhere far away when you could let her wait and drive the car to the entrance OR the driver could just drive up to our house. They all left.
The Entrance door
My mother got back from her and realized Orange was missing. She alerted my uncle about it and he quickly ran out and asked around the neighbors on any sighting of Orange. He saw another lady, SUSPECT C walking up and down the streets of Kinta Lane. He spoke loudly about how we would feel sad and cry if we found out that Orange is missing because my uncle used to have a dog as well and he understands perfectly the bond and love between a dog and humans. Suspect C then was being picked up by the same car where the PATIENT and SUSPECT B were on. My uncle was in disbelief!!! Why would the SUV turn back a second round to pick another lady who has nothing to do the PATIENT  and suspect B.

After we discuss and talked about it, this must be a planned kidnap case as they were here a few days earlier before treatment. You need 2 appointments for making a dentures. My uncle claimed this patient was a new customer. My question is the motive of the kidnappers. They just want a dog? They wanna sell the dog and earn some cash? They want a cute dog? They have another Schnauzer and they wanna breed them? What? Why?

Questions that I'm going to ask my uncle:
1. How many times you heard the door open?
2. Who was the driver? SUSPECT A? or someone else?
3. What type of SUV and colour?

Workdone:
1. I've contacted and emailed SPCA about it.
2. Went to pet shops around town, tanjung bungah to give out the flyers.
3. Printed and pasted more than 150 A4 printouts around the city. Town to Tanjung Bungah, Batu Lanchang and Jelutong. (Areas to cover greenlane, island glades, farlim, air itam)
4. Printed 1/4 of an A4 size to put at car's windscreen around town. 100 went out today.
5. Thru Facebook and Instagram.
6. To distribute small flyers in malls during weekends.

 I’ve scouted around Kinta Lane yesterday and found out there were 3 CCTVs. All I needed to see was the SUSPECTS type of motor vehicle, colour and if there is any chance of  the SUSPECTS’s footage in the recordings. I went to all and tried asking for help but none was fruitful.

#CCTV1 – Can see clearly MV that passed the road, but memory is up to two days only. Data for 4.8.2012 was deleted due to small hard disk memory.

#CCTV2 – Owner claims their CCTV is not working well and the angle of the video is towards their gate only. Anything that happens on the street is not visible.

#CCTV3 – Large powerful CCTV, owner claims that their angel is towards their gate only and don’t sound willing to help. Asked me to just buy another new dog. But I guess I will try again later, that is my biggest shot because that CCTV is the closest to my home.  

If you ask me why am I doing so much for a dog, come on, it’s just a dog, you could get a Schnauzer in almost any pet shop in Penang.

My answer would be, I treat her as one of our family member and I truly love her. I am not a father yet, but the way I treat her is like a father treating his little princess with TLCs. The feeling for me it’s the same when a parent lost their child. Do you think they would sit down and do nothing about it? They will go all out to try getting them back no matter what it takes and cost. There are not many things in life I would fight this hard for, but Orange will be one of them because I know she loves me too. And it’s not fair for someone to walk right into your house and take something that does not belong to them.

When they say, dogs are men’s best friend, the writer knows exactly why he wrote that because they are ever loyal and faithful to their master no matter how hard or how much you scold them, no matter how little time you spend with them, no matter how little you play with them, no matter how much you hit them or abuse them, they will still come to you and lick your face when you come back home not holding the past like humans do. Orange, we miss you a lot and we’re coming for you.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I appreciate any comment/questions/feedback and ideas. Thank you.
One of my last few pictures of Orange. And yes, she accompanies me to sleep. Every nite, after settling my stuff downstairs, I will go up to my bedroom and sleep. Orange will follow me up and sleep at her favorite spot once she sees me on my bed.

No comments: