Tuesday 23 July 2013

First week of work

I pretty much work from home. Work culture here is very different from Malaysia. How things are done is also very different. It’s all about the money here. From the first day till today, all I see and hear is $$. I have been given the mandate to protect the interest of MSC and I personally find it difficult but I shall try my best.

Just outside my house in a big football field. The condition of the pitch is really BAD. Almost every afternoon/evening, I would stand on the chair and watch the games. The teams here are pretty hard core. They are good, fast and aggressive. Their tackles are meant to break your leg or something. Every time they tackle, but heart rate would spike up. I guess that’s their only source of entertainment here, hence the enthusiastic atmosphere during game.

They are very professional and formal in the game. They have proper lines man and referee. All in full suit jersey. They have substitute board with numbers and even stoppage time. Red cards are quite a common thing. There was once a player went crazy after being red carded. He chased the referee and wanted to wack the crap out of him but thankfully his teammates stopped him and they wacked him in return. It’s really quite funny. When that happens, all spectators will run into the pitch and start cheering.

 
This place is crowded during match day

Game about to start

From my view

The bad condition of the pitch
Another funny thing is when a player is injured, the referee will show a sign for a stretcher, like really do the hand sign OUT LOUD. But there is no such thing as a stretcher there! But usually someone from the spectator would run into the pitch and carry him out. I really like the linesman and referee. They really put their life on the line just to conduct a fair play.

They armies are around during official matches. I was told that each spectator would have to pay CDF500 (equivalent to RM1.50). One day as I was watching they game, I saw him confiscating slippers and shoes of those who can't afford to pay. Not sure how it works but I saw them begging for their slippers. Kids would treat this as a game when they army comes. They would try to avoid getting caught by them.

I have a video of them celebrating the victory but I can't upload it. Keep failing every time I try.

No comments: