Thursday 22 July 2010

Talent Is Never Enough

I love this book because it teaches me a lot about myself. I came to a point where I was sure I would still come out 'top' without my usual training regimen. Many would consider that cockiness but it was just a thought deep inside me. Reason for me thinking that way is because I know I am gifted/talented and I believe this is a God given talent. [which I feel I have been taking it for granted lately]

In my early days [about 7 years ago] when I started Floorball, I made a prayer which links my performance with my spiritual life. If my spiritual life is good, my performance is excellent and vice versa. And its really accurate and true for me, till this very day. I wanted to be a good Christian first, then a Malaysian sportsperson.

As for now, I'm like a fish out of water, struggling and flipping myself, trying to find my way back to the water. Flipping and still flipping. It is scary when you are the person people talks about and you'd never expect you to be them. Still don't get it? A youth leader who backslide, dropped out from leadership positions, becoming worldly, etc. And today, you woke up thinking to yourself, 'Oh sh*t... I am that 'person' already.' That sucks big time.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both. =(

Whatever talent you have you can improve. Never forget the choices you make in the end make you. Choose to be a talent-plus person. If you do, you will add value to yourself, add value to others, and accomplish much more than you dreamed was possible.

John C Maxwell

Please make the right choice kids.
Think.
Think again.

4 comments:

Christopher Koh said...

Great post! :) A good reminder! I'm just about to post an entry on my blog on "choices" but will save that for later lah :P

I think it's a great thing if a person wakes up one day thinking to himself, "Oh sh*t... I am that 'person' already" because that is the moment of awakening.

I believe the crux of the matter here is not so much how that person has become; A youth leader who backslide, dropped out from leadership positions, becoming worldly; But the greater issue here I think is the question of what exactly is he going to do about it?

Waking up and realizing you're that person doesn't change things. Something needs to be done in order for change to happen. To get back into the water, you first need to make a choice to do so.

At the end of every bad choices that we make, there's always the choice to make it good again :)

Anonymous said...

It's very inspirational! It got me thinking and wanting to do something for more those around me =)

Deswyn Wan said...

chinese character dude: jangan buat kecoh here.

chris the superman: will keep an eye on the post =) thanks for the word of advice.

calvin: thank you =) see you around.

Christopher Koh said...

Des, you got a lot of Chinese character fans wor. Hahahahaha. :P