Monday 26 July 2010

Inspiring One

Remember the post where I was looking for an affordable entry level road bike (she's the Ima today). Hence contacted Josiah Ng via email and he replied. I was really surprised when he replied! He's such a humble and nice guy. He is also one of those athletes who inspires me to be better.

The little excerpt written by Natasha Kraal, the editor of Harper’s Bazaar on Josiah Ng (National cyclist).

He’s the superhero; the multimilionaire; the man in the headlines (for better or bad)l has the brain to match the brawn, and the sensitive soul borne of field vulnerability. Forget those suits, sports make better men. Ng represents the new breed of Malaysian sportsmen that are daring to turn their passion into profession, without the fanfare or sense of entitlement. Like Ng, they prove themselves first in the international arena, against the big boys, without any expectation of hero worship back home. Tough if we do.

josiah ng

How I wish someone would write that about me. ^^ Anyway let's breakdown the article.
  1. Forget those suits, sports make better men Is this fact or ?
  2. Daring to turn their passion into profession, without the fanfare or sense of entitlement Is this possible for all sports in Malaysia? Yes but be ready to sacrifice a lot and don't expect much in return.
  3. First in the international arena, against the big boys, without any expectation of hero worship back home. This hit me the most because we (the floorballers) face this. And sometimes we talk about our shameful defeat and humiliation in international tournaments, etc. I ask myself, would I still play for the country if we're joining APAC 2011? If I don't expect hero worship back home, I think I should say yes. As for now... I still don't have the answer. Still searching...still asking...still questioning... But for those who say 'YES, let's try again.' Please please 'die' trying hard for the country.

Josiah’s Look bike, equivalent to a Ferrari car in the cycling world

3 comments:

kimong.com said...

Hi there, thx for the article. Great photos. Where did u get them from? :) *grins*

http://www.kimong.com/?p=1381

Deswyn Wan said...

hie kim. are you kim ong as in josiah's wife, kim ong? i took the photos from his blog. if you're not okay with it...i will take them down. i'm sorry.

kimong.com said...

Nah that's fine. Lolz. Just teasing u... hence the *grin*.

Take care! :)

kimong.com