Monday 7 May 2012

Innebandy!Co (Team Elite & Team LiveStrong) 1 - 1 Contact/Firebrands

Our last match against Contact was the toughest for the me. I really gave everything I have that night but it wasn't good enough. I guess I wasn't playing smart enough, I was too eager to win the ball back every time we lose it. Coach Sam did ask me to slow down as I was being lured by our opponents to play their game. But the temptation to run after the ball was just too much for me to resist. I literally ran till my legs turn jelly, falling on the ground quite a few times. I was mainly fueled by my mental strength during our last period; reciting the 7LOV in my mind while sitting on the bench. It was intense and gruesome.

Both teams played really well, I guess our opponent was ready to take us down that night, their spirit was high so was their goalie, Benson. He was on form. Seriously good! Shots after shots were talking at him, but we just could not find the net. This is the only gave that gave me muscle ache the next day!

I'm happy that Division 1 is finally over and it was another successful campaign for Innebandy!Co, 6wins and a draw is enough to secure our position as champions again. Sam scored the only goal for the night and to be honest, he wasn't on my goal scorer list. However, that was a superb goal. =) He posted, "feels good to score the last goal of the league for the team.all glory goes to God who sustained me and covered me from all injuries! not gettin a 2mins in a season for the first time was the bonus" in his Facebook.

LiveStrong was held back 1 - 1 by Firebrands. It was an unexpected result. But it's okay, we will be back in full force to claim our victory next week. We just need a win and that would give us a high chance to top the table in Division 2. If that really happens, it's double the sweetness and joy for me.

Team Elite & Team LiveStrong 2012 picture courtesy of Sally Giam

I like what Joseph commented about this picture. He said, "everyone looks good :) innebendians :)" I totally agree with him, everyone is so awesomely good looking. =)

No comments: