Wednesday 23 May 2012

Ride With The Boys

Last Sunday, Darien, Jason and myself went for a ride from my house to Teluk Bahang. Approximate distance covered was 46km in a snail speed of almost two hours. It wasn't really a training ride but a leisure one since it was our first time doing it together. The ride touches on all 3 training philosophies of Innebandy!Co and it's a good reminder to myself on how this actually works.

Inner Circle
A player’s potential is determined by those closest to him

Darien will be doing this first OD triathlon in July and even though he doesn't admit this, I still think he is doing this because of my influence towards him. True story. That made him train hard for the race and when I cycled with him, I could see his determination to keep up with me. We're in that inner circle because we're more than just friends, we're teammates as well. And it made me push him to be better and stronger, vice versa. I don't want him to beat my time in Port Dickson this coming July, that makes me wanna train harder as well. Besides training together, we have a great time of fellowship + laughing at our good friend Jason. But one thing I admire about Darien last Sunday was, he was supportive and encouraging. When we reached the top of the dam he told me, we gotta go cheer for Jason. That is inner circle, caring for your teammates while competing.

Darien
Independent Culture
A team’s strength relies on the strengths of the individual

This is our off-season since our Floorball league has just ended but that didn't stop us from continuing to improve ourselves. If we continue doing this independently, no doubt when we come back for next season's league, we would be stronger, faster and better prepared. It's all your own initiative. It would easier if you have your inner circle to motivate you.
Jason and I
Insane Courage
The difference between impossible and possible lies in a person’s determination

Jason is so proud that he completed the ride with a folding bicycle. And his timing is not so bad, about 5minutes behind us? Quite good. Even though he knows he will be the odd one because we both were using a road bike. He did not stop trying to stay at our pace. He kept on pushing, and when he climb that last slope up the dam, he said he gave all he got. That is pure determination which equals to insane courage.

http://picasion.com
Insane Jason

This may look like a simple formula that I've came up with but boy, this is the most practical and simplest form of mental exercise to keep improving your game, whether its floorball, futsal, bowling, triathlons, etc. 


Taking a break while admiring the view

Honestly I had a great time together with the boys, they are so fortunate to enjoy all this at such young age. I wish I started certain things in life earlier. Oh...one more thing, on our way home, I hit a pot hole and punctured my rear tire. However, I still manage to cycle back home. Such a miracle but a pain in my pocket again.Looking forward for more. Not the punctured part but the rides. ^^
3 bikes that went up the hill; Ima, Maddog & Foldie

No comments: