Wednesday 30 January 2013

Pre Mount KK Training

After weeks of talking and planning about it, we've finally secure our bookings to climb the majestic mount KK. It has been my dream to conquer that mountain since 2004. That was my first trip to KK for a mission trip and one of the most frequent talked topic was Mount KK. Fast forward 9 years, with a more stable pocket and work flexibility period, this trip is on and we're gonna rock this mountain.

Unfortunately all guys from 'Son of Twelve' weren't able to make it except Sam, so it's gonna be like a brokeback mountain vacation/adventure for us. I told some of my friends, Sam and I have to really avoid quarreling because if you watch the movie, they started making out because they were fighting with one another and they all got turn on, started making out and xxx. errrrrrr....ok....

Since we have a public holiday on a Thursday, we thought we should do some hiking, just to get the feel of it. I can't remember when was the last time I went hiking but definitely not in the past 5 years. Nic was able to join us and since he just got back from Sydney, he was really eager to burn off those aussie ribs. The plan was to meet at 3pm in front of the main gate of botanical gardens. Hike up, dip ourselves in the ice cool water and hike back down.

Well, our plan worked except we started at 4pm because I overslept! Zzz. But fortunately the guys were full with grace and mercy. Phewwwww.

Started our journey with Sam leading. I thought it was gonna me trail type road to go up but it was all stairs. With my weak knee, going up and down stairs is a big thing for me. It hurts sometimes because of the weak and under-develop muscles. I walked up slowly and carefully because it was a little wet and slippery. Nic was panting for long after we started, we could see the effect of his long vacation visiting his sweetheart. Sam and I encouraged him to keep moving after a short break.
Up up up
Taking a short break and Sam decides to seduce Nic
Nic and myself

After 25 minutes, we arrived at our destination. Sam walked straight into the 'Kawasan Larangan', I was reluctant because there was a big signboard asking us to keep out. Since Sam and Nic were already half way in, I just followed hoping there is no prohibited/foreign act in that area. If you know what I mean. I've seen 'live show' in this kinda secluded area before. Beach, jungles, you name it. They are there.

Nic trespassing
The big old signboard
Sam leading the way
Nic decides to add more pattern
Finally, we arrived at the mini waterfall. I went there with my high school friends when we were 17. The place still looks the same, nostalgic memories of them started flowing in my head. Sam and Nic was the first to get in the water. It was freezing! We stayed in the water and talk a little about life.

The mini mini waterfall

Sam enjoying the cool clean water

Me chilling and Sam acting gay again
Once we got out from the hill, my legs were shaking and vibrating. Hiking is not as easy as it seem, maybe its because my body is not use to this activity. We shall have more training sessions, next time longer route, etc.
This time, Nic decides to act gay
Satisfied feeling after our hike =)

No comments: