Thursday 3 January 2013

Christmas with the Community 2012

Christmas in TOP is about being a blessing to others. This concept was introduced in 2010 and I've been involved in organizing game stall since then. The number of visitors has increased consistently every year hence the game I plan would be much simpler compared to the first year. In the first year, we played "Shoot the target", we used our Floorball goal post, stick and ball. Tied few bottles around the goal cage and participants had to hit the target to win a prize. In 2011, we played "Sink the cup" but due to time constraint and the work involved, Sam improvised and changed to game to something simpler. And this year, we played "Drop the Coin", inspired from the game show, "A minute to win it".

The concept of the game is simple yet challenging. Good thing about this game is, preparation time is minimal and the game is quick. We had 3 lanes running simultaneously, and participant takes about 30 - 45 seconds to complete their task. We had the most efficiently running lane and lines at our game stall was quite short.

Before D-day, I got Jason to help me design and decorate my stall. It was a good initiative by him, making 2 big coins and a bucket of water which he is really proud of. He also helped me to get 500+ packs of titbits. Without his help, it is gonna be tough doing all this by myself. I would also like to thank my helpers, Sam, Angeline, Jason, Elisa and Jane for their great work at the stall, super efficient workers.

Overall, the carnival was a success. The weather was good, visitors enjoyed themselves and were blessed by our small act of kindness towards them.

Press cutting on the event

The night after, I had company futsal tournament at Safira club. We played 7 games, won 1, drew 1 and lost 5 games. Didn't really had high expectations, as the other teams are really pros. But at least I tried my best and hopefully we would do better next year. It was a tiring night after CWC and the tournament. But it was a day well spent. Blessed Christmas.

The master

Acting helpful. LOL

End result

Sam and Angeline



My faithful helper 3years in a row

Awesome three + uniques's finger

Awesome three + more of unique's finger ><

Son of twelve (Missing aaron, linken and rueben) on Christmas morning

Christmas eve outing

Christmas not so happening countdown at Straits Quay

Sam visiting Doc. Josh on Christmas midnight


My turn for some blood pressure test



Santa Deswyn
Santa Yi Lin

Santa Joshua
Santa Sam
Forever Santa Shadow =)
Grandma and me probably 20 years ago <3 br="br">
 So that was how I celebrated Christmas this year, nothing big or special but small little fun with friends and family. Merry Christmas again! More pics, less words for now. hehehehe.

No comments: