Sunday 28 June 2009

My First 10K

I reached KL at about 1pm. Walked to Berjaya Times Square to meet up with them for lunch. Finally, I get to meet them in person and especially Joshua Hooi (the founder of Team Miracle Miler). Talk with him over lunch and he gave me some pointers/tips for a beginner like me. Nice guy. After lunch he gave me a Power Bar for free and ask me to try it out. He sounded very excited about the power bar. I'm more of a natural guy(don't take all those kinda stuff) but since its free, I ma take and try lo.

My free (worth RM8) breakfast and energy booster

After lunch, I took the monorail and LRT to Ampang Park to meet Soong's, my ex-roomie. He made me wait for him for an hour! Fortunately I am a patient guy. So you're forgiven. I sacrifice myself to stay at his place that night, or else I would be with the team in a low budget hotel. haha!

Soong's after the run. So happy.

Before we hit the bed, he set his alarm at 5a.m and mine at 5.30a.m. Zzz.

(Half way through the night)
Soongs: ARGGHGG!!WEII!!!!wake up wake up!!We're late..!!!We're late!!
Me: Huh?!huh.huh. What is the time now??
Soongs searching for his phone in the dark. Check the time. It was only3.00a.m. This is what we call pre-race anxiety. After all the laugh, we continued our zzz.

Woke up.Ran to the LRT station.Took the train.Reach there.Did some light warm up. Push our way through the crowd to get in the middle because I didn't wanna start at the back again.

But still pretty far from the 'Start'

At 7:00a.m, finally the race begins! In every run, my aim is always to 'cut' others and not let others 'cut' me. Kinda achieve it le. I guess less than 5 person 'cut' me during the run. The last time I ran such a distance was the Penang Bridge Run, other than that, I did not train on my endurance level.

About 15minutes in the run, someone came up to me and ask whether I'm Deswyn or not? And he added, 'Same jersey huh?' then he sped away. Wahh...didn't know that I'm that famous. Actually he is one of the Miracle Miler. Nice to meet you Jensen.

When I reached the 5KM mark, my body was slowing down but I said to myself, 'I've to achive my goal and I won't slow down because of the jersey I'm wearing.' Have to jaga reputation a bit. With my motivational songs, it kept my legs going and I feel less tired. The only setback was, I didn't arrange my songs properly, so when I reach my last 1KM, Kate Perry's Thinking of You was playing. Walaueh!! Almost made me stop running. So I quickly change the song randomly. And it kinda affect my momentum le. Not good not good. Something to keep in mind for the next run.

Finish the race strong and I clocked 51.11 [Bib no.0699] which was pretty good.

create avatar
speaker blasting from behind.i did it


cool

sexy

the best

At the end of the day, it was worth my time to travel down to KL and back to Penang the next day. Soong's finished the race at 1.13.32 [Bib no.2682] and I'm really proud of him. Mr.Lazy conquering 10K! =) I'm sure you will conquer the mountains you will be facing in life because I believe in you. Thank you for your kind hospitality. Much appreciated! Will miss you.

soong's and I.KL marathon 2009

Finishing a marathon will boost your confidence in life.
Joshua H, founder of Team Miracle Miler

No comments: