Tuesday 30 June 2009

Vertical Run

I got the opportunity to climb up the stairs in Komtar tower. I see that tower almost everyday from the back of my grandma's house. Every time I look at it, I have this imagination/feeling that it will fall on us one day!

Anyways. Woke up really early this morning. Warm up my body by staying under the blanket a little bit longer. Felt great and ready to go.

It was my first outing with the Miracle Miler and I wasn't in my 'uniform'. I felt so out of place as you can see below.... Moral of the story is 'Don't gau gau assume what to wear' haha.


When we were about to start, there was a warm-up session for us. I think the warm-up session wasn't practical. It doesn't even make me feel warm. It was more like an entertainment. I prefer Jo-Wyee's warm-up.



At around 7am, we were given hand bands according to our category. People were rushing and pushing rudely to get to the man with the bands.

Andrew, Justin & Chris

About 7.30a.m (I think) we were release with a gun shot in the air. *BOOM* Started jogging > running > climbing



We had to run about 2K before hitting the stairs. The run was a bit dangerous as the road was not totally blocked, you might just get knock by those inconsiderate bus drivers. I got my mind focus on the race and didn't bother bout the emission from the vehicle and etc.

Got to the flight of stairs, thought I was going to die. Every step I take is a mental and physical battle inside of me. But manage to climb up consistently, so it was good.

Condition of the stairs
  • No air/ventilation
  • Very hot
  • Very cramp (only two people can stand side-by-side)
  • Not that smelly as I thought it would be
  • I heard from Jason the floor is flooded with vomits from 30-storeys onwards (later in the race)
  • No water to drink
Talking about water. Make me very very 'juak'! I was dehydrated when I got into the 40th floor, so I politely ask for water from one of the boy scout there and this is what he replied, "I got no water *then he paused and look up (41st floor)*, that girl (red crescent member), yes that girl, she can give you milk." I was in need and he tell me this thing. Stupid!

Continue pushing and climbing. Got there. Got the cert. Didn't wear watch so I ask a stranger, "Excuse sir, what is the time now?" He answered, "7.45" Phewww..not bad. Then we gotta cramp into the lift to get down from the tower. Imagine, 15 sweatty, smelly, stinking men cramping into a small box for about a minute so. That was so-so unacceptable to my nose.



Jason.Me.Deriss

p/s That girl (deriss) lost to her mum!!!hahahahahahahhahaha!!

No comments: