Sunday 20 December 2009

National Training II

Sometimes giving your best is not good enough.
Sometimes putting your hopes up high will just bring more disappointments.

This is what I feel after our second centralized training. BUT I'm not gonna sit around with my lazy a** doing nothing about it. Our team has improved, but still not good enough to secure a placing in this coming APAC. I feel we're missing something...communication?aggressiveness?playing as a unit? Think about it. =)

3 things that Coach Dennis talked about before starting our training sessions;
  1. Safe
  2. Solid
  3. Deliberate
Probably this is something that the coaches see we're lacking off, which is true. Playing safe; We love to make crazy passes through the middle or hold the ball too long in our defensive zone. Solid applies to all players, with us being physically smaller in comparison with other participating countries, we have to be solid in our plays, our defense, our possession of ball, etc. Being deliberate...hahaha. What I can conclude with this word is, if you play with your brains, you are deliberate, if not, you are not. Sometimes I don't play with my brains. Damn it!

Time to work on our weaknesses.

2 comments:

Christopher Koh said...

Just dropping by to say sorry again wei for waking up late and making you miss your run. Pai seh, pai seh. Haiz. I feel really bad about it.

Deswyn Wan said...

hahaha...dun worry bout it bro...i dun think i can perform also le if i'm there. =)