Saturday 5 December 2009

Sukpen IV 2009

"Penang Floorball Associatian has made history in Malaysia because of YOU!!"shouted Jason at the end of the two days Floorball tournament held at Shang Wu on the 4th and 5th Dec. It is the first time Floorball is ever featured in the Sukan Pulau Pinang (Sukpen) endorsed by the Majlis Sukan Malaysia Pulau Pinang. You guys really deserved a round of applause. *claps claps claps*

My special shoutout to the two schools who participated and their coaches, namely SMK Bukit Jambul and St.Xaviers. Some players had to sacrifice club duty for a higher duty, which is to represent their schools. Let continue to develop the school teams and one day we might have it on MSSPP! =)

When I first heard bout this tournament, I had an objective for my club, which is the win this tournament and put our name up there as the first ever champions for SUKPEN. That objective came through for the team and myself with a price of RM21.90. (Yup, that's how much Rooban and I paid the team) I guess sometimes a really motivation helps the team to perform better as they have a reward to look forward for.

The experience has been great, I got to make a few new friends and meet people from different clubs. We also had people who came to support us which is greatly appreciated by myself and the team.

Same ask me why do I play in this tournament. The reason is because I wanted/needed/have to leave a legacy behind for Innebandy!Co. I'm playing for the name in front of my jersey and not the name behind. I really hope I can help Innebandy!Co to be the biggest, most influential, most valuable, most sportsmanship and most successful club in the history of Malaysia. That is what the committee would like to see and we know we are getting there each week in and out. I'm happy to be part of it.

Winning this is definitely not because of my effort or participation but because each and everyone on the team rose up to the occasion and grab the moment and glory they deserved. Well done and congratulations!

[Team Innebandy!Co Champions of SUKPEN 2009]

Thank you for the All Star award, it's an honour. All glory goes to my Creator.

[swim + IC = 2 gold medals]

No comments: