Thursday 12 April 2012

Shanique 1st and Shawn 9th Birthday Party

It was a very well organized and plan birthday party by my senior, John Jonathan Leong a.k.a notty uncle. A very creative Mickey themed handmade invitation cards were distributed 3 weeks before the event and all were required to RSVP a week before the birthday. It was my first time attending a birthday party like this, aneh formal. I thought only weddings got RSVP stuff but that’s just the way my senior is. =P The invitation card has a map to the location, just like those wedding cards. Keat! Without the map I don’t think I can find the location since its quite secluded. Something to keep in mind when inviting friends to an event. Or else your phone will be bombarded with calls on that day.

Since this is a Mickey themed party, we were ‘required’ to dress/wear according to the theme. Of course I would support my senior by complying with the dresscode. I did not have anything Mickey in my wardrobe, the last one I had was when I was 7years old. So creatively, I glued the invitation card on my shirt which caught a lot of attention. Haha. But he and his wife were glad of me being so supportive. The best thing about this idea is, it is transferable. See below:

My pretty cute model - Charmaine

It’s a buffet style dinner; they had fried rice, fried bee hoon, fried chicken, curry chicken, roti jala, sausages, tea cup poh pia, Mickey shaped jelly, jelly and a variety of fruits. It was all delicious, esp the roti jala. I think I had 3-4 rounds of servings that night and I was well fed. The food trays were never once empty, they kept replenishing it, this shows how well prepared the host were. =) They made everyone felt welcome and happy that night. Oh yea, even the utensils have something Disney on it.

Door gift for children

At about 9pm, it was cake cutting time. And knn, I was ordered to take care of the lights (on and off it) while they were singing and taking pictures happily. I only sang from the far end of the hall and I hope Shanique and Shawn understand. =) Next time get your own lighting guy.

Unique as snow white

Shawn as shawn

It was a great night. Thankfully, I did not invest in a Mickey shirt because those that didn’t dress/wear accordingly to the theme were not punished or forfeited. I was expecting some entertainment from that, or else Kok Heng would be dancing happily in front of all guests. Anyhow, thanks for the invitation. On my way back, I was thinking, what kind of daddy will I be to my future children? Hmmmm.

make an animated gif
my DIY Mickey shirt

Happy birthday Shawn and Shanique!

5 comments:

John Jonathan Leong said...

Very well said Bro. First of all I would like that take this opportunity to thanks all the guest. Without all of you guys this party won't be a success and special applause to those who really take the effort to dress up to the theme Disney Party dress code. Thanks again and hopefully more theme party in future to come.

Hailie said...

Lousy daddy that don't put in hundred percent effort to even get a Mickey shirt :p

Deswyn Wan said...

my 'daddy' friend ain't happy of you calling him lousy. he is a good father from the way he plan his children's bday party. =)

Deswyn Wan said...

btw he is wearing a mickey shirt.

Wenni Donna said...

Shanique 1st and Shawn 9th Birthday Party made me so impressed. You're such an amazing party planner. At some garden themed Los Angeles venues we too will host our nephew’s 6th birthday and I am sure that everything is going to be executed as per the plans. Can’t wait for the day!