Sunday 15 April 2012

Share The Hapiness Dedication Event

Last week, my manager shared to me about an event where you can get free chocolates if you make a dedication on stage. It is the Cadbury roadshow which was held at Queensbday last Saturday and Sunday. The stage was decorated like Charlie and the chocolate factory's theme, really colorful. It was suppose to be a surprise for Sam but the plan kinda fail as the 'presentation' day was on Sunday instead of Saturday when he was there with me.

The emcee for the event was Jeremy from Red.Fm and he's quite a cool guy. The organizer gave us a short briefing, introduce me to Jeremy and it was action time. Jeremy called my name (He made Deswyn sounds really cool. haha) and I walked coolly and calmly up the stage. He asked me who am I dedicating this to, I answered, "To Sam my buddy, but unfortunately he is not here today."

Jeremy(Check out his bling) and I (reading the poem)

I first met you when we were thirteen,
You look crappy, scruffy and thin.
Our journey of friendship started from that day,
And it continued sailing till this very day.

We did a lot of crazy stuff together,
Calling random girls from the payphone like a stalker.
We were desperate for girls to be ours,
Chasing them till their face turn sour.

High school was crazy,
As chemistry always make us dizzy.
Could never understand what was our teacher teaching,
Because we were too busy sleeping.


Left high school with nothing in our hands,
But we vowed to rise and defend,
Our future, career and family in our minds,
We gave our best in the next phase of life.

Next was our graduation,
Our parents stood proudly in the auditorium.
It was like a second chance given,
From God who art in heaven.

There is still a long journey ahead,
I thank God for you and your creative head.
We have great plans to be successful,
I know one day all our dreams will come true.

Forgive me for cursing you when I’m mad,
I don’t mean to make you sad.
Please don’t think we’re gay,
As our girlfriends are shopping, at Queensbay.

Thirteen years of friendship,
Passed in a blink of an eye.
I cherish our relationship,
Please don’t think it is a lie.

I guess that’s all I have to say,
Don’t kill me at the end of the day.
I just want my Cadbury hamper,
I will share it with you, after I collect it later. =)

I think that made Jeremy and those who were present laugh quite a bit. haha. Got down from the stage and collected my goodie bag.

The chocolates from the goodie bag

I was about to leave the stage, but he wants more cause he thinks I'm funny

I said, "Sorry bro, that's all I got for today. =P"

Actually what he really said was, you didn't mention anything good about your friend. I turn and said, that's what best friends are for, you can screw them and yet be close. Is 'screw' a vulgar word?hahaha. Ops. Anyways, this post is dedicated to my buddy, Sam.

Sam and I 2008

Sam and I 2012

No comments: