Thursday 9 July 2009

Body Pump #70

, For those who have no idea what BodypumpTM is about. You should try it out. It's a toning and conditioning class with weights and music. Yes, music! The hot sounds and compelling choreography will keep you going through each 45-minute or one-hour workout. You’ll use a step platform, a bar and a set of weights.

The benefits [according to Les Mills website]
  • Burn up to 600 calories per class for fat loss (depending on your effort)
  • Improve your strength
  • Improve your general fitness
  • Shape and tone your muscles
  • Improve your bone density (helps ward off osteoporosis)
  • Gives you a sense of achievement
Which I all agree with.

Bodypump Les Mills #70 was released three weeks ago, but I only got to taste it, hear it and feel it last night. Here is what I thought about it.

Warmup: Don't leave me with the light on - Danzel
Nothing special about the warm up, I think the song could be better. Probably because the volume for last night's class was a bit low. (and the people as well.except the instructor.haha.)

Squats: It's all your fault - Pink
A lot of singles and bottom halves back to back till the end of that track. It's a killer! Usually after this track I would feel the burn and tension on my quads. Its challenging to follow the tempo cause the tempo is kinda fast. Ouch!pain!nice!

Chest: Infinity 2008 - Guru Josh Project
I got lost in this track. This track is shorter than the previous release but it has a lot of super slow and controlled movement which makes it tougher. My muscles went through a lot tension. Macho! =)

Back: True believer - E-Type
One thing about E-type songs are, they have nice heavy pumping beats which makes you feel like you can finish the track STRONG. Its all basics move.

Triceps: Keeps gettin' better - Christine Aguilera
It started with triceps pushups using the stepboard. Then kickbacks and upper halves always makes my face grin. Painful!nice. And triceps pushups again then kickbacks and finally finishing it with french press with a plate.

Biceps: Gotta be somebody - Nickelback
The guys favourite track!Finishing this track gives me a sense of accomplishment, makes you feel confident. Similar to life, you've to finish what you started. Don't leave things hanging half way or give up!The singles are the name of this game. Pain!nice!

Lunges: Raindrops (Encore Une Fois) - Sash! feat. Stunt
Most hated move. Most people would leave the room and have a drink during this track. I say, 'No.no.no. You stay here and endure it. Feel the burn.' For those who can relate to what I'm saying, don't don't skip anything that is hard in life. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. Show them who's tough here. Very very pain.nice!

Shoulders: Thunderstruck - Hinder
A 'rancak' track, I like the stagger during Thun-der! Nice guitar solo. Good music that keeps your body moving. So close to the last track, must not give up now. Continue to stay strong. Come on, sing with me Thun-der!sakit.nice!

Abdominals: Love lockdown - Kanye West
Has a sexy dark beat. When I first heard the song, didn't really like it cuz its slow and etc. But when it gets into the chorus. Fuhhh!!!semangat. Even though is slow, but somehow you will feel the energy flowing through. A new move was introduced here - the rotator plank. Good core workout. Pain.nice!

Cooldown: If I were a boy - Beyonce
Ah....pheww...relax. Finally I can relax and stretch my body. Feels great!

My BP instructor.in my dreams

[23 more days to Adidas KOTR and I haven't train on LSD (long slow distance) runs]

5 comments:

ky said...

so the length of the body pump session = the length of all the songs? haha...

Deswyn Wan said...

yup.usually 45 minutes to 1 hour. you can join us for the weekend class la.can bring friends in for free during weekends.interested?

ky said...

haha...
er...
er...
er...

donno ar.
i have been doing runs more nowadays since the peak is over.

i try and hit 15 rounds around a block of houses.
2R jogs
10-11R sprint jogs
2R jogs

hopefully when we have a rematch, i would die off like that day. hahaha.

Deswyn Wan said...

me still having peak le.can't wait for it to be over!so unhealthy for athletes like us. haha

Christopher Koh said...

Oh yea,Body Pump rocks!!! Hahaha.
I feel ya' brother!! Hahaha.
My favourite new move is the 'mad raise'. So groovy... Feel like dancing only. Keke.