Thursday 30 July 2009

Innebandy!Co The Champions

This year has been a good year for Innebandy!Co (IC). The PFL Div1 is my first tournament playing with IC after leaving to KL for 2years and you'll never understand how I feel when I put on my jersey. Pride and respect fills me when I put in on.

Before stepping on court, I would take a deep breath, close my eyes and say a lil' prayer, "Give me strength O Lord." I don't really have a game ritual besides listening to Stand Up For The Champions by Right Said Fred or 'rock' music before every game, even this. I don't do anymore. Going to Balik Pulau after working hours is just too rush for any ritual.haha.

It is true that our weakness is in our defense but I know that Rooban, Win Shern and Chester have improved tremendously from the first game till the last one. *applause* They may be the weaker 'chains' but trust me, they will rise up to be a strong, solid and stainless steel 'chains'.

Both our junior, Jason and Darien performed really well (for a first timer) and also manage to put their names on the point chart. I am really proud of them. First time scoring in a league like this really boost up their confidence and this encourages them to strive harder. Thanks to the supporters who cheered them on. *applause*

And to our ever faithful players Andrew, Valerie, Cui Lin, Ephraim and Joshua, a big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Even when we have a handful of players, you guys are always there and you have showed great courage on court during training and the league. Keep growing (in Him).*applause*

As for our seniors, you have set a standard for the younger ones to follow and sometimes its not easy when they ignore your ways. I feel you. Do give them time as they're still learning. I thank you for your endless dedication, sacrifice, sweat and time you've put in into IC. Without you, I don't think we can still be here after 7 years. 7years?!wow!!

I appreciate you Sam for being a good friend since we were 13, you have been my inspiration to be a better player/coach. *applause* Nicholes, you've been a great motivator to the players. You've showed what its like to fight with us without actually holding a stick.*applause* Lin Ken, thank you for your encouragement and for always telling me I'm still a good player. I guess sometimes I just need that. =) The man who guards our net and for showing what passion is.*applause*

At the end of our game against Dalat Eagles, one of their player walked up to us and told us how different we are from the other teams. They (Dalat) played hard against us and them (the other clubs) and the difference is, players of IC don't react or show any unsportmenslike conduct. We still keep our cool and play calmly. In addition to that, TerMin told me this, he said, "I wouldn't have to worry much when I'm refereeing IC's game". This is what makes us CHAMPIONS! It is an honour and privilege to fight side by side with every single one of you.

We will come back stronger, harder, faster, bigger, mightier, closer, tighter, tougher, insane-r and better next year!

Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character
T.Alan Armstong

No comments: