Tuesday 28 July 2009

Frontliners Spartan

I'm fortunate to live in the era where I'm able to see clubs and individuals rise up in the Floorball scene of Penang and Malaysia. This really inspires me even more to break my limits, to go beyond and to push my body and my mental strength to a higher level.

As one of the pioneers of Floorball, I've seen and known Frontliners from Day1. They are not so different from us, Innebandy!Co (IC). They faced challenges in retaining their players, building skillful players, playing tight as a team, winning medals and also went through the change of 'management' in the club.

But, because of a few faithful players, such as Ming Hwee, Steven, Sharron, Pei Li and KY, they really turned the table upside down and showed the world nothing is impossible if you try hard enough. I feel the frustration for them when the keep losing games. (in the past) But their determination to not give up and to come back again and again really blows my mind.

BBF predicted them to finish fourth and anything more is a bonus. Haha! The Spartans were so close to getting a Gold, however securing a Silver with 7points is something they should be very proud of. At least, I am.

I remembered very clearly in one of our PFA meeting, somebody throwed a question to KY, "What are your expectations for Frontliners Spartans in this coming league?". He answered humbly, "We're only there to survive". Look at where the team is at right now. =)

If you would to ask me which team impressed me the most in the PFL Div1. Without a doubt and hesitation, I would answer, 'The mighty Frontliners Spartans'. I choose them because they have arose from ashes and grab glory, they placed their hearts on the line when they step foot on court, you can see in their faces how much they want it and they never never give up (It took them 6years?).


Frontliners Spartans 2009

[This post is specially dedicated to the manager, coaches, player and supporters of the mighty Spartans]

No comments: