Thursday 6 August 2009

Desaru Sprint Tri 2009

My trip to Desaru was hardcore, it was a mental torture and physical as well. This is how I got to Desaru and back.

Penang (Sg.Nibong) - KL (Pudu) - Walked to LRT (Masjid Jamek) - Took train to Ampang Park (To meet Soong's) - Meet Ann & bf - drove to Desaru - after the race - same thing back to Penang.

Total hours in the bus/train/car = 11hours x 2 = 22hours
Total time to complete the race = 1:01:25
Total travelling/accomodation/race registration cost = RM260+
Worth the time and money? OF COURSE LA!!!!hahaha

When we got there, the long distance category was going on. The crowd there was not as big as marathon races but they have 'quality' supporters. If you know what I mean. nyek nyek nyek. One thing I realise about triathletes is they're don't use Ipod/Mp3/etc. I guess they don't wanna waste so much time in the transition. Eveyone there looked professional.

Participant doing the 90K bike course

Me posing on a racer

My valet after I pose =p

Didn't do much they whole day, it was like a kampung there. Went back to our hotel room. Took a nap, went for dinner (drove 45minutes from our hotel), came back, watch some TV, did some warm up, pangsai, bathe, read a lil and sleep. Didn't have any trouble sleeping.

When we got to the race destination the next day, we were LATE!!!! We were the only participants at the transition point. The emcee asked Soong's sarcastically if he is going to swim with this shirt and pants on? I was laughing like crazy. Then we quickly stripped ourselves and ran to the beach. Too rush till I forgot to eat my PowerBar. Hohoho!

Lady boss.Soong's.Lil Soong's.Ann.Me

Guns off!Here we go!Soong's look like Mr.Incredibles.Ha!ha!

The sea was choppy

The kicking and slapping in the water begins

I did bad in the swim. I haven't been swimming for ages and going into an open sea+wave+current. Suicide! I got panicked when I got into the water, was not use to swimming in a crowded environment. Couldn't swim at all. Head was up all the way. To improved!

Getting out from the sea

Running towards the transition point

I read from somewhere saying that, its not about how fast you transit but how effective you do it. Since I have no experience in this area, I can only imagine what I'm gonna do before the race day. And it works. Picturing yourself doing it actually helps on the real occasion.

The road to physical torture begins

The cycle wasn't that bad. Did pretty okay. Legs felt strong. The only cycling training I had was RPM classes in my gym. Haha! Thank you Mr.Yee for lending me his bike. The only problem I have is down there. My shorts wasn't padded and it hurts! After the race, I have bruises down there. =( Need a tri suit or bike pants.

Finishing my run

L[me.soong's.chee haur.ann.joo tsong.mr yee]R

Soong's and I(again)

Overall it was a great experience for me, looking forward to do another triathlon soon. It really made me realise how much more I can push myself, be it the mental or the physical. They say signing up for a race is winning half of it. I say training hard for it is winning half of it.

me@transition

[3K and RPM]

No comments: