Wednesday 12 August 2009

Mission: Cari Road Bike

Road bikes are darn expensive. I did not know that until I step foot into a few bicycle shops around Penang. When I saw the price tag, my heart rate increase significantly. The cheapest that I've seen is about RM3.5K++. I always tell them I'm just a beginner and I'm not ready to dump in so much $$$ into a bicycle. My parents would kill me for sure. And I think with such big sum of money, I would rather sponsor their dream holiday to Australia.(Just the air ticket.haha.Air Asia.lol)

I talked to my mum about my intentions to have my own bike. With all the numbers involved, she looked nervous and worry. So her advice to me was, go e-mail Josiah Ng, our national cyclist and ask him whether he got any second bike he could sell/give to you. I was like, are you serious ar?!. Took me few days to decide whether I should or should not. In the end...I did.

To him

To me

We had a little chat through exchanging e-mails and my impression towards him sums up in two words. nice and humble. I admire athletes like him and he even offered to help me if I need any help regarding bicycles. I send him a few pics of my potential bike.

Between us

Can't wait for her arrival. =)

2 comments:

Tobi Lim said...

haha.. RESTAURANT CITY.. lol..

Deswyn Wan said...

what restaurant city?