Thursday 20 August 2009

RPM #44

Raw Power in Motion (RPMTM) is a 50-minute indoor cycling class based on outdoor riding. You ride to inspirational music over the equivalent of 20-25 kilometers of varied terrain, controlling the intensity of your workout with a resistance dial and pedal speed.

The benefits [according to Les Mills website]
  • Increase your cardiovascular fitness, burn fat and tone and shape your legs, hips, and butt

  • Increase leg strength and muscular endurance without building bulk

  • Burn up to 600 calories in a normal 50-minute structure (RPM™ has been proven to burn up to 800 calories in one hour)

  • Release endorphins to give you that natural high and leave you feeling fantastic

I remember very clearly my first time in a RPMTM class [probably a year back with Sam]. I thought I was gonna die in that class. And that thought pop-ed into my head after the 2nd track only! The closest I can define the feeling of RPMTM is like doing 'killers' in state training but only worst.

'This is challenging.' I said to myself. Therefore I'm determine to overcome the pain and to keep up with the resistance by persevering. Till this very day, it's still challenging to me and I'm enjoying the pain. =) NICE! There are couple of times when I stopped pedaling and most of the time is because I assumed that the music is about to end. This is highly related to the mental. We assume.

Many of times we think/assume that 'xyz' level is our limits. Therefore we set limitations to ourselves, be it our goals, dreams or achievements. We limit ourselves from reaching the sky! What you believe yourself to be, you are. I wanna compete in my first IronMan Triathlon[3.86km swim.180.25KM bike.42.195KM run] by 2012 and I wanna build my I-empire [Innebandy Sports Complex] before I RIP. This is way beyond my limits if I would to think rationally about it. People may also say, 'HAHA!!this guy is nuts!That is so impossible. You better go open Mamak stall, since you like Maggi goreng so much.' lol.

My point is, never never never never ever limit yourself. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

No comments: