Wednesday 8 August 2012

Project Save Orange Episode 2


After getting the suspect’s address, my uncle (the dentist), Sam, Cheok Teng and I headed to the suspect’s home with high hopes. We even joked about how we would play around with the suspect if we found Orange there. But did it turn out according to plan? The answer was NO but at least I have answers from her and I got a chance to listen her side of the story.

She admitted she was there on 4.8.2012 Saturday with her mother BUT she claimed she have never seen Orange before. Another lady that was outside the house walking suspiciously was her niece; she did not come into the house at all, she claimed. She was waiting outside because she just finished her interview with one of the travel agent at Lorong Selamat. She added that she saw someone coming out from the house (I have yet to determine this person) but did not see any dog at all. Her story is pretty consistent with my uncle’s but only from a different perspective. 

When I was about to enter the suspect's home with the hope of hearing Orange's bark.
My uncle did most of the talking and I just listen quietly there until she kept denying and repeating her statement till I can’t take it anymore, so I told her directly, “You are the one who stole Orange, give her back to us. It’s you; it’s you, no one else in the house except you.” She was furious when I told her that, she retaliates and said, “How could you suspect me? You have no evidence. You can go report to the police if you want to. You know where I’m staying. I work long hours and I have to come back home to take care of my old mother, do you think I have time to watch over a dog? We have a no pet policy in this apartment too and I’ve never seen your dog!” I just sat there quietly and I knew she was speaking the truth, I don’t see any body language of a liar. I then told her I’m sorry and I am just desperate to find her back. She said she understands and she would contact us if she comes across Orange.

Walked out of the house feeling ‘nui kah hong’, now what? Sam and Cheok Teng even asked the neighbors on any sighting of Orange but it wasn’t fruitful. To be honest, her home doesn’t look like she keep animals as there wasn’t any pet’s bowl, food, fur or smell. I’m gonna let this go temporary till we have stronger evidence. But I’m 70% convinced she is innocent.

Got back home and I start putting my thinking and investigative cap on, the time frame where Orange went missing was between 8.20AM and 10.30AM. My mum last saw her at 8.20AM and she was discovered missing at 10.30AM. The suspect came in at 10.05AM but they deny seeing Orange at that point of time, no one left through the front door, so now my focus is on the back door. Maybe Orange wasn’t kidnap, maybe someone is the house was careless and left the back door opened. I shall find out soon.

My mother and I went to the back lane last night to try look for Orange again, we discovered 3 more CCTVs at the back lane and the best thing was, it was at the far end of each corner, that means it doesn’t matter whether Orange turn left or right, all will be captured. I really hope I don’t see her escaping by her own. If that really happens, it would be our mistake.

Oh yea, please help this poor owner locate Bubble too, I spoke to her last night and she told me, her husband and herself still can’t get over the lost of Bubble and she suspect Bubble was stolen. She even went to advertise it in The Star. She was found missing somewhere in May at Island Glades, do keep an open eye for Bubble as well. Many thanks.

Missing Bubble

No comments: