Tuesday 21 August 2012

Project Save Orange Final Episode

I woke up this morning hoping that all this is not a dream. I went outside the living hall and saw Orange lying down comfortably and still looking a bit pissed. That made me smile; at least she is back home with us. That is what matters most for now. Like any other girls, Orange is as human as she can be, she felt abandoned and she’s really really upset and disappointed over that. I’ve seen her depressed before but not pissed like now. I guess I have to make it up to her this week until she forgives me.

Zzz. She don't usually sleeps like this. Only tonight after I sayang her.
There are many unanswered questions and missing pieces to complete this puzzle but I’ve decided to leave it as it is. I can say that, the success of recovering Orange is owed to many people. To those who helped share of FB, to those who helped me personally, to those who encouraged me with words and to those who prayed. There are also many people which I will categorized as the ‘boh nau’ people; most of their comments would be; Orange has been eaten by the Vietnamese, I smell Dog Kut Teh, sure cannot find d wan, you will only find the orange collar only, got reward ar? (I would give, no need ask. I question the ingenuity), it’s just a dog-get a new one la, people who ignored the flyer and throw it on the ground, etc. I am not mad or anything at people like this, I just hope one day, you’d be in my situation and we shall see how well you take comments like that. =P I remained cool and calm throughout those comments and days, surprisingly.

Brought her to poo and pee this morning =) Good times again.
Searching for Orange taught me a few things, spiritually and physically. I am reminded about the parable of a lost sheep, how our ‘Shepherd’ would leave the ninety-nine to look for the lost sheep until He finds it. And when He finds it, He calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my loss sheep.’ I can imagine the effort and joy of our Shepherd when he finds us, no matter how far and deep we run and hide, you know He is there searching and calling out to you. Don’t wanna sound too holy molly here. Haha.

As for the physical part, you won’t know how much you can do till you’re super desperate. If I list the things that I’ve done in the process of recovering Orange, it would be pretty embarrassing and hilarious. On the good note,  I’ve met, talked to so many people along the way and learn a few things or two from them, i.e People who have lost their dogs and recovered them, neighbors’ who I’ve never talked before, dog breeders, etc. This will be one of the most memorable moments in my life.

By right there is another episode before this, as I did continue to investigate and interview a few personnel from the pet shop and even went to the housing agency company to get some information but I’ll just leave it to your imagination. =P

After 18days of misery and searching, finally I can get back to being “normal”. On Tuesday night, I was having dinner with my gf and her sister. We were talking about Orange and I told them, I can feel her very close to us. We’re gonna get her back real soon. Then my phone rang; an unknown number. I picked it up and he asked am I the one looking for his dog and I answered instantly YES. He asked me to describe my missing dog, where and when did I lost her. After giving him the facts about it, he said the dog should be mine. WOW, that feeling, my heart was beating fast and hard, hands getting cold and wet. I was extremely nervous and excited at the same time. Our food wasn’t serve yet,  I didn’t have to appetite to eat after that phone call. I told him, I wanna meet him tonight, he agreed.

Orange
After dinner, we waited at the designated location anxiously; I didn’t feel well, I could feel my stomach churning and my head feeling light and dizzy. I don’t know how she would react when she sees me or how I would respond when I see her. 5 minutes later, a white Kelisa approached and parked in front of my car, the man opened the door and I quickly rush to him. He brought Orange out and I looked at her. Funny, no responds from her and she looks like she doesn’t recognized me. Her Orange collar was replaced by a red color and a rose ribbon around her neck. Her fur was shaved off (the man brought her to the groomers). I asked myself, why no responds because when she sees me, she would make howling sounds and rush to me but it was the total opposite this time. I could not verify and confirm that it is Orange. I felt a little disappointed because I didn’t get the respond I was expecting. I asked my gf and her sister to double check and to talk to her and see if she would respond. They checked her, and find certain black spots and quickly confirm to the man that it is our Orange. In that few minutes of inspection, I could feel her anger and ‘hatred’ towards me. She just ignored me. I was sad and happy, sad that she thinks I deserted her and happy that we’ve finally found her. The man claimed that he saw Orange wondering at Penang road on a Saturday morning. I didn’t ask much because I just didn’t feel the need to but I know, the discovery of Orange is not some random thing but from a process from Day1 till Day18. 

Less angry Orange =)
I offered the man some amount of cash as his reward and our gratitude towards him. He even bought sanitary pads for Orange as she is having her time of the month now. OOOOOOOh!!! No wonder she is pissed at me. PMS ma. He bought dog food for Orange, brought her to the groomers and didn’t want to accept a single cent from me. Where is the world can you find a kind soul like him? He is an angel sent from above. He even brought his daughter along and said his daughter really likes Orange because she is a good dog. After seeing Orange recognizing her masters, the man and the daughter gave the green light that we can keep her. We thank him again and again and there was so much joy that night.

We brought her home, wind down the car window and she would put her head outside and enjoy the wind blowing though her face. When I saw that, I know it’s Orange, I recognized that face. She’s still quite cool towards me but time will cure.

How Orange escape from the house will forever remain a mystery. How the man got my number will also remain a mystery. I am happy that I could conclude this series on ‘Project Save Orange’ in 18days. I even told Sam and a few friends, I have 5 full days to search for Orange and get her back and it’s really a miracle and a blessing that my prayers came true. Amen!

Look at the BEFORE and AFTER expression. scary =S
 Just remember, quitting is unthinkable. The End.



3 comments:

Bobby said...

I happen to be the one that pass on your contact to that "Man". Orange was left in my care by that "Man" cos he was going for a trip to Cameron Highland.
He did told me that he wasn't the owner and that Orange was found walking around Penang road.
Since I was curious I went into the net to do some investigation and saw your blog.
We pass him your contact when he return from his family trip.
That very night he call me to say that he has pass back Orange to you.
We do not want any reward just so that Orange and the rightful owner is happy my family and that "Man" and his family too are happy.

Deswyn Wan said...

thank you mr.Bobby Leong...I really appreciate you and the "Man" for taking care of Orange throughout that 2 weeks. We are really grateful and happy, please don't take into heart whatever negative comments others post about. Like I said in my post, the "Man" and you are like angels sent from above. Once again, thank you so much. =)

Unknown said...

I'm Irene. The so called "man"'s wife. A groomer told me that orange had skin problems. Pls check her paws & ears.