Wednesday 17 March 2010

Metro Park II

I had the privilege to take over the physical training for the state team yesterday. I had two things behind my head that I wanted to achieve.

#1. To implement the buddy system
#2. To create specific goal. My aim was to set an achievable target for each individual (I believe every one has different capabilities)

But did it work according to plan? Not really. I was late and I could see the players getting pretty restless, so I kinda skip the explanation part. At the debrief, I think everyone was half awake, so I didn't bother explaining as well. So I thought I'd do it here.

Buddy system. I wanted players to run with their partner throughout the 30-minutes. As for me, I believe your buddy/partner/friend is a good benchmark and motivator for you to stay strong and long in the run. The only pair that stick to their instruction was Sarah and Pei Li. They walked together and the ran together. Good job! =)

Specific time target. To get an average time per lap/30 minutes = estimated no. of laps. Then I'll make sure the person reaches the target number of laps. A more achievable target would boost the player's 'semangat' la.

After 30 minutes run and 6 uphill sprints. I was happy and satisfied with the players effort. Not too bad but there is a lot of room to improve.

Got this from one of the player.
e: Thanks for torturing my mucles =)
me: It's all love =)
e: Love your head la.. =) it's torture

Well it's how you look at training. Perspective.

[5.3k@10km/r + all out 6x sprints]

No comments: