Tuesday 2 March 2010

Headwind

Couldn't make it for state training last night, so I did another ride with Ima. Wanted to cycle the same route as per Monday (Bukit Gambir) but it looked like it was gonna rain. Didn't dare to take the risk.

The difference of riding in the evening and night is the wind. I get headwind through my ride and it tiring. I could even feel Ima swaying here and there. =x

'In aerodynamics, a headwind is a wind that blows against the direction of travel of an object. A headwind reduces the object's speed and increases the time required to reach its destination.'

Things that I've change with my Ima; I took out another bottle cage, so I'm only left with one which for sure is not sufficient for my rides, esp riding in hot afternoons/evenings. I've also adjusted my saddle, a little towards the front, giving me more cadence power in my stride. My playlist, less rock songs more house music. Giving me the extra boost. My mind, totally focus on beating my time in each ride. Find what motivates you? When you find 'it', you'd be more determine to the point physical torture becomes pleasure. Wow...sound like a sadist. =p

Along the way back via Jelutong expressway, there was a road block and I got stopped by a uniform officer.

Police: Stop..!
Me: Yes?
Police: Mana lampu depan you?
Me: Oh...belum beli but belakang ada lampu.
Police: Oh tak boleh tak boleh. This is for your own safety.
Me: Okay okay, I will buy. *laughs*
Police: Okay, jalan.

I guess I have to spend again. =x


[facing 'headwinds' in life now]

No comments: