Monday 22 March 2010

Team Elite and Team LiveSTRONG

We had a little team meeting last Sunday @ Bukit Dumbar. We shared our goals and vision for 2010 to our players. Introduced team Elite and LiveStrong of Innebandy!Co. It was really exciting as we drew the end picture of 2010. But it would be sweater if it turns out the way we want it to be. We did a few changes and I'm sure it's gonna give a positive impact to the players.

I briefly shared the Law of Victory from John Maxwell's 21 Laws of Leadership, with the intention to boost player's morale and to feed their mind with positive energy. I really hope the purpose was fulfilled and they understand what I said. Sam suggested every player to memorize the phrase below, which is think is a really good idea. There you go;

Leadership is responsible
Losing is unacceptable
Passion is unquenchable
Creativity is essential
Quitting is unthinkable
Commitment is unquestionable
Victory is inevitable

After talking and listening. It was time to run. Coach Sam made up run ten laps around Bukit Dumbar with a target time of 23 or 25 minutes.

I haven't been receiving encouragement or motivation when I train. Maybe it's because I train independently, so I don't get so much from others. But last Sunday, every time I ran pass James (who is the time keeper), he would say, "Good job Des/ doing well/ etc" I tell you, that really boosted me up. I was happy.

The run was a medium intensity level due to the slope and not forgetting the hot scorching sun burning through my skin. Do unto others what you want others to do unto you. If you want motivation, motivate others first. =p Appreciate the love and support!

Distance
3.5km
Time
19.00
Average speed
11.0km/h
Maximum speed
16.9km/h

[ima & hippo]

No comments: