Tuesday 10 November 2009

My Phone Died of Hypothermia

On my way to PISA for state physical training, I was caught in a heavy rain half along Jelutong Expressway. Can't do much but just hope that my phone and my cyclemeter survives. I kept checking on the screen just to make sure it still works.

When I got there, most of the guys and girls were already there. LinKen came to me and told me that I inspired him to run from his house to PISA. Ha!ha! Its a mental thing I tell you. Good job bro!

Our Coach came and brief us on the rules and punishment (100 push ups for every offence) if we don't comply with the 'law'. So be begin...before heading there, I was inspired by a running article on a blog, ' How to Think Like the Pros'. So I thought to myself, why not trying those mental exercise. And it really works!

We did 5loops around PISA which was about 5.3 km and I clocked 18m 20s. Average speed of 11.2 km/h. It was more like an interval training with lots of sprints in between. It was tiring. Fuuuuuuuuh. My last 500 m was torturing, I had to follow my coach's pace on his bike and I could feel me running without oxygen in my lungs. He was pushing me to my limits which I enjoyed. =)

Then it was time to head home, clouds were looking really dark and heavy. Sam offered me and Ima a ride home but I thought the rain would delay for me. Haha! I was wrong about it and I gotta pay a heavy price. I continued cycling under the downpour till it got super super heavy that's when I decided to stop and turn into a coffee house along Jelutong Expressway. All eyes are on me. I don't know why.

Its too heavy to continue on, so its pitstop for me. I was feeling cold and hungry. I overheard a drunk uncle talking to come chinese high school girls about me.

uncle: aneh kuan a boyfren luan ai bo? ho liau ar e. (this type of bf you want or not? very good)
girls: mai la...dam dam aneh chao bi. (don't want la. wet wet. damn smelly)

I really stink that time. As I was wiping my phone, it just died. Can't on it even I got home. Its gone. Maybe its true, I can't live without you, maybe two is better than one. Why leave me at a time like this? =(

Some people say I run faster and longer than the rest because I'm a triathlete but that's not true. I believe everyone running last night can beat me easily. Its how much you want to improve and how strong your head is. Its all about Independent Culture.

[BP + 30K bike + 5.3K run]

No comments: