Wednesday 14 October 2009

I come, I ride, I conquer

As soon as the clock ticks 5.30pm, I started clearing my files on the table, refill my water bottle half full (don't wanna carry so extra weight) and shut down my computer. When I opened the door, my manager was about to come in. She looked at me but I quickly avoid any eye contact and walk straight to the lift. Pheeewwwww.

Got everything ready and left home about 6.10pm. Traffic was heavy on the way to Paya Terubong and I really hate it. Hot, smelly, and drivers are driving crazily. Once I passed all those busy road, the challenge begins.

Hill 1 Paya Terubong. It was super sloppy, even with my Saga, I had to use first gear. And I have never use the smallest gear with Ima before until yesterday. Just half way up the slope I really thought of giving up. It was real torture! I stopped by the road side and turned behind. Legs and back muscles begging me to just go home. But mind and heart says, support the girls, push through!

So I continued, slowly and steadily up the hill till the junction to turn up to Balik Pulau. Goin up the slope is tough but not as bad as the first climb. I pushed as hard as I could, did as much standing climb as possible but that really burns up a lot of my energy. Once I finish the hill, it was time to enjoy. The best part in cycling is decending! Wohoo!! I was screaming like a little boy. Felt to win blowing through my face and body. Ima enjoyed herself too.

After the game, I quickly grabbed Ima and head back home. The journey back was harder. Started of with a small climb again. My legs are feeling it but still no sign of cramp. In my mind was just, Push push, come on DESWYN! you can do it.!! insane courage!go!go!go! My head was the source of energy that night.

No more climb after I got out of BP, turn right via Relau and Jelutong Expressway. I was going strong and fast (avg 35 km/h) and then...my right thigh gave in. I was feeling the muscle pull. Walaueh...fortunately I was already near home that time.

The journey was about 55km long and I took about 2hours 20minutes. It was a good experience and the support from my friends are just indescribable. They made the journey more meaningful and easier for me. And thank you for sponsoring the powergel, it gave me the extra boost on the way back. =)

About the Penang women's state team, they have improved in their moves and runs. But still lack a lot in their stamina. This gives their opponent a lot of space when they counter attack. Congratz to Val of Innebandy! Co for putting her name on the scoreboard. Nice goal! Good job girls and looking forward for your next game.

If you only train when you're feeling good, you won't be able to train your mental strength. The choice is yours.

[55k bike + sadly no pictures to show]

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congrats on finishing your 1st journey up and down Balik Pulau :)

Deswyn Wan said...

thank you thank you! =)