Sunday 25 October 2009

Mizuno Wave Run

After state training in the morning, I managed to mandi kerbau and wacked a big plate of rice before heading towards the bus station. Got up the bus and the journey begins. 4.5hours later I find myself in the heart of KL, jam and slow moving vehicles are a confirmation. Met up with Alvin, Alice and geng, and got a ride from them to Damansara Utama (Uptown).

After dinner, I tried to locate the motel that I'll be staying in. Jensen (TMM) was already there since the afternoon. We walked around and still couldn't find one another. We planned to meet at starbucks but there were two starbucks in that area. After 15minutes ++ we finally managed to meet up.

Got up the room wash up, watch Gladiators, talk a little. ZzzZzzZzzZZzzz.

[motel room]

We got ready by 6am as Danny (TMM) will be picking us up. Felt so sleepy and tired. Haha. It took us about an hour to reach UPM, Serdang.

When I got there, my bladder was about to burst. First time in my life, there is a loooooooooOoOooooOOOong queue for the guy's loo. And the smell of the toilet was really really bad! Running to the toilet and back to the starting line was my warm up.

[pink glittering band]

Race begins with a not so loud horn. And again, I'm stucked behind with the big crowd. Grrrrrrr. Slowly picked up momentum and started getting to the front pack of the race. Half way into my run I met Carmen Leong. She qualified for the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii this year. I ran up to her, 'Hie are you the one that did Ironman?' She replied with a smile, 'Yea'. I showed her a thumbs up as an appreciation for raising the Jalur Gemilang when crossing the finishing line in Kona. Proud to be Malaysian. =)

[Carmen the ironmaiden]

I felt strong in my legs through the climb. When I saw the sign of the last 2km, I started pushing harder and faster. (It was flat then) The funny thing about this was, a counterpain booth was set up there, with two guys offering counter pain. It was really weird/amusing. But I guess, it would be useful for some.

[the climb]

I continue to tekan minyak until...I saw the killer slope. Walaueh!! Damn steep and long. No choice but have to persevere through, in my mind I kept thinking, if I can cycle up BP, I can finish this strong. It works! Slowly made up my way to the top and to the finish line with a sprint. Check my time it was 53minutes, no PB as my previous 10K was 52minutes. But then as I checked the cert, it was a 11K run with hills. Its a PB. wohoo!!

[medal]

It was a good run! To appreciate my legs and heart, I rewarded them with Burger King before heading back to Penang.

[yummy]

Special thanks to Joshua, Danny and Jensen unbutton for arranging the accommodation and transport ion for me. It was smooth.

create animated gif
[my roomie for the nite which was suppose to be SOONG'S!!haha]

Something that I learned from this run was the hill separates the extraordinary from the ordinary. Challenges and mountains in life will be there to slow you down and eventually make you stop. But if you continue to livestrong, you will be able to overcome it! Never give up. Only livestrong.

[11K medium intensity]

No comments: