Friday 2 October 2009

Leave Me Method

This technique works for one who are not too motivated when it comes to running/training. If you struggle to hold you pace or continue running, don't worry. Still got hope. Last Friday, I followed my 'client's' car to Botanic Gardens and did a couple of laps around there.

After our 'PT' session she left home without me. That was intentional le of course. Which girl would wanna dump me behind? Hahaha! Kidding kidding. It happened before. Anyway, back to our topic. So this leave me no choice but the run back home. Cool huh? As you're feeling hungry and thirsty, you got no choice but to speed all the way back home. Also bring some cash in case you really need drink desperately.

While I was running back, I realized Nike Pro's air ventilation ain't too good. I had to roll my shirt up leaving my abs/belly unclothe to cool my hot body off. Hot as in panas, not................ ala you get my point. =)

Results from my w580i;

Distance
6.5km
Time
35.17
Average speed
11.0km/h
Maximum speed
21.4km/h
Distance from Google Earth
7.5km
So where did another 1km went to?
4.6min/km or 5.4min/km


Mum was downstairs when I got back home and she think I'm crazy. 'Wah...you know how far or not?! Don't push yourself so much. This kinda sport need a strong heart wan.' She said. I replied, 'It's really not that far and I have a strong heart. My heart is stronger than what you think. Please support me at IMMY 2012.haha'

The mental will is a muscle that needs training like the other muscles of the body.

I found out this weekend how very true that was. My mind was tired from work, meetings and all. It took some willpower to continue training despite all that. This can be applied in other aspects in life as well, not only in sports. It may be your studies, work, relationship with people and God. Everything begins from your mind.

[7K run & swim]

No comments: