Sunday 13 September 2009

All Star Interview : Kao Lin Ken #31

He is one guy who is really passionate about the game. Ask him anything about Floorball and he'll explain to you in detail, whether its international news or local. I've known him for a long long time. And I could say training/playing without him would be quiet. His constant scream of motivation and "profanities" often gives me strength to play better. No.1 goalie in Penang and probably Malaysia, let's look at his journey.

[Kao Lin Ken #31]

How long have you been playing Floorball?Since which year?

This year would be my 6th year playing floorball. I started playing floorball when the sport was first introduced to me by Mr. Edward Lim back in 2004.

What gears do you use and why?
Unihoc. I think its simply the best in the market.

Why do you wear #31 Any reason(s) behind it?
#31, because of Henri Toivoniemi and I would like to play like him someday.

[Henri Toivoniemi]

How do you train to be where you are today?
Practise, practise, practise. I believe that one can never practise too much. Therefore, i just practise my basics over and over again.

What do you think is the MOST IMPORTANT element in becoming a good Floorball player?
In my opinion, the most important element in becoming a good floorball player is the ATTITUDE to keep on wanting to learn more. I also believe that HARDWORK is also very crucial in becoming a good player.

How do you train on your physical fitness?How many times a week?
2 times a week. Running around my housing area for about an hour.

Did success in Floorball come quickly for you or did it take some time before you were successful?
No, I still remembered the first goal I conceded when I represented Malaysia for the first time. I let in a long range effort in less than 3 seconds, but i think the key is to PERSEVERE. And it does take quite some time before you become good.

Do you have any pre-game ritual?
Yes, i do. Before every game, i'll have to sit myself down quietly and visually imagine how i'm going to make every save and what the opponents might do to get the ball pass me.

Do you have any favorite songs/movies that motivates you?
I don't have any favourite songs /movies that motivates me. However, i must watch some Floorball videos to get me going.

[Look at his focus and dedication in his game.Ho liau!]

One word about you and Floorball.
Beginner.

[Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights. All the best for your future Floorball plans]

No comments: