Thursday 10 September 2009

All Star Team Interview : Jeremy Yeap #77

I'll be doing a series of interviews with the All Star Players for the PFL Division 1 2009. Borak-borak Floorball has a full review on the players in the All Star Team but let's get up close and personal with them. If you have been wondering how to be like them and what it takes to be where they are today. Spot on! This post is meant for you. Hope it will benefit you guys. Keep on rollin'.

First, we will start of with Jeremy Yeap my man from Ztec 8cers currently reciding in Oklah-oma (where everything for Oma is okay). We used to play and train together in the same team and that was fun time. He was my first Floorball partner and he is one player that will think out of the norm. Would not just stick with the ordinary, that's what I learned from him. Good memories good memories. He was also the one that got me into playing Floorball. A good Floorball player with trickery skills and speed he is well known for. Let's try to dig out his secrets of success.

How long have you been playing Floorball?Since which year?

Since 2002. About 7 years.

What stick do you use and why?
I love Exel and Fatpipe. I usually use Exel stick because in my opinion I think it's a pretty good stick for ball control and I occasionally use Fatpipe for shooting purposes simply because I can only shoot properly with Fatpipe. Weird but TRUE.


[Against Andrew of Inne with his signature Pink Excel stick]

Why do you wear #77 Any reason(s) behind it?

I wear the jersey #77 because it reminds me of my all time childhood favorite bible verse. Matthew 7:7. It says ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find and knock and the door will be open to you.

How do you train to be where you are today?
I simply just do a lot of ball control. I would normally try my best and do ball control for at least 15-30mins a day.

What do you think is the MOST IMPORTANT element in becoming a good Floorball player?
I think the most important element is to be able to focus hard on basics like ball control and above all have the heart and humbleness to learn from others and also from mistakes.

How do you train on your physical fitness?How many times a week?
I would normally do sprinting and occasional jogs. I always try to do at least 4-7 times in a month.


[HoneyBell and Jeremy doing some sprint together]

Did success in Floorball come quickly for you or did it take some time before you were successful?
"Success" come pretty quickly for me, BUT that doesn't mean that I became good overnight. It took me a very long time to be able to improve my ball control, passing and shooting skills. Nevertheless, I still think there's a lot more to learn and I don't want to only be good but to be better and hopefully the best. Which means I have to work harder. Thus, I would say I'm not successful yet. Only when I can beat myself and be better than what I am today, then only would I say I am successful.

Do you have any pre-game ritual?
Yes, I would pray and proclaim Matthew 7:7. I'll always ask for God's protection from injuries, seek for creativity and wisdom to play and knock hard on my opponents goal mouth. :)


[Excuting good dribling skill]

Do you have any favorite songs/movies that motivates you?
I always listen to The Time Has Come from Hillsongs before games and even training to keep me motivated. As for movie, I would say any inspiring sports movie would be good, but I think the movie Coach Carter inspires me one of the most.

One word about you and Floorball.
Me+Floorball=Happy :)


[How he'd look when he thinks of Floorball]

[A big thank you for your time and willingness to share]

No comments: