Monday 7 September 2009

Inner Sho(cir)-cle

A player’s potential is determined by those closest to him. Inner Circle. My mum, dad, grandma and cousin always complaint that my shoes are taking a lot place on the stairs(that's where I put my shoes). They always ask why do I need so many pairs of shoe, in contrast to likealostghost who only live with his one and only converse. And my reply is always, 'likealostghost don't do sports ma.ha!ha!'

[welcome to my Inner Circle]

[likealostghost's only shoe]

Before realizing the importance of different shoes and its function, I use to believe I only need 1 shoe for all sports, whether its running, floorball-ing or others. As I grow and mature through my years in the sports world, I came to a realization that no one shoe can do all things that another can do better. Like us humans, we can't be good in everything. That's why we need people with different strengths to compliment our weaknesses.

[cycle.run.floorball]

Let's have a look at my Inner Sho(cir)-cle:-

[Run.Jog.Gym]
create animated gif
My Adidas Attune is a CLIMACOOL® product which contain ventilation channels, wicking, and flow mapping which keeps me cool by actively expelling heat. When your body is cool, you perform better, furthermore it's light. I use this a lot for running and gym purposes. We've completed KL marathon - 10K and the Desaru's sprint triathlon together. Many more to come.
Cost - RM299.90 - RM50 discount voucher = RM249.90

This is my another Adidas Litestrike, I got this as my birthday present. This was my replacement for my another gym shoe cause I left it at the gym and it got stolen. I was so so upset. I got this for about RM120++ if I'm not mistaken. There's a lot of cushioning in it which makes it comfortable. After just using it for a few months, it started to open its 'mouth'. That's why you can see the mark of stitches. We've completed the Komtar tower run together. Cost - FOC + RM30 for sewing the sole = RM30.

[Court shoe. Floorball.cum Cycle]
create animated gif
This is my first Puma shoe I got for myself. I bought this shoe cuz my Floorball coach kinda 'ban' those Nike futsal shoe. We've been through a lot of Floorball tournaments together. Its a lil heavy in comparison to the Nike futsal shoe but the stability and comfort is there. The only setback is I keep falling down in court. Not sure whether its the shoe or me. haha!
Cost - RM200++

I have a collection of this kinda shoe. It is my favourite type of court shoe because the price is reasonable, it has the looks and its light. I buy it every year. The only setback is that it can only last for a year and it has no cushioning. I remember buying this shoe with the Salibandy!Co guys a night before our tournament (We got Champions for that tournament). It was so last minute that I had to bang on the shop to get the shoe out of there. It has now turned into my cycling shoe because its light and it is aerodynamic.
Cost - RM129.90

[Casual]

[My second Puma. I guess Usain Bolt con me into getting another Puma. Ha!ha!]


[Ever faithful shoe that has served me for more than 5years. So durable and long lasting]

If you notice, all my shoes are white in colour except one. It just so me. =p Together they serve and work together with me, so we could achieve greater heights and expand our boundaries. Thank you shoes. I wouldn't be where I am today without y'all. Have a productive year ahead yo' and great job!

1 comment:

elainelopez said...

des,
i like this post of urs and i totally agree with u ...
different shoes has their different purposes ...
and white shoes rocks hahaha ...