Wednesday 30 September 2009

I got a swimming coach...

As you all know, I have been struggling with my swim. Just a few laps and I get very tired. I have been downloading, loading videos and reading countless PDFs on swim and I still fail to improve.

Then as I was browsing my MSN list, a light bulb appear at the top of my head. Ahhhhhh, this guy was a life guard and he conducts swimming lessons as well. So without hesitation I double click his name *click click*.

And he agreed! yes yes!! =)

After only 1 lesson, I have improved 50% from 2 laps to 4 laps. He is very good in analyzing the rights and wrongs and gives good/clear instructions on how to improve. He is also very particular with the small details. Last night, he caught me cheating my way through my strokes. Dang! 'Pull to the end. Don't half way half way come up.'Ed commented. I'm sure I will improve. Those interested to learn swimming or to be more competitive, click here.

One thing I learned about learning is that it is not hard to learn more but what is hard is to unlearn when I discover myself wrong. Habit makes is hard but its not impossible if you're determine .i.e swimming techniques, slap shots, holding the stick with two hands, looking up when you're having the ball, burping, smoking, cursing, etc. If you have a bad habit, its time to break it. And also, never be too proud to ask questions/advices/help.

My first swimming lesson was more than 15 years ago. I remembered mum used to send likealostghost and I for swimming classes and he obviously doesn't enjoy it. Always grumble and don't pay attention to our coach's instructions. I don't think he graduated from that swim school. hahaha! But that doesn't make him less of who he is today. =) Always proud of him.

Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back.
Chinese Proverb

[swim]

No comments: