Wednesday 9 September 2009

Salute to the Veterans

I had a good rest last night. So good that I struggled to get off the bed this morning. You know the best part about sleeping is the few minutes after you're awake. You're awake in your head but your body is still on the bed. Then you keep telling yourself, 5 more minutes then 2 more minutes, sometimes 1 more minute. Ahhhhhh....the feeling is indescribable. You feel the softness of the bed, curling underneath the blanket cause its so cold. Then suddenly you smell something funny, usually is from my pillow =x hahaha! Damn.

Came across The Star's article on this two veteran athletes who still competes in IronMan. After reading it, I just shake my head *left right left right + tsk tsk tsk*. Will I be like them when I'm 70. Their story is just inspiring and hopefully it will inspire you as well.

My favourite statement from Patsy Yap age 65;

"If I don’t train for two days, I get grouchy and snap at people. Exercise is pretty addictive.

Haha! And this lady almost got rape during one of her training but that didn't stop her. Insane Courage!
Also check out [IM]Yee Sze Mun who will be competing in his 16th IronMan race this year at Kono in Hawaii. And this is the World Championships!!!Don't play play ar. Its the most pretigious IronMan challenge in the World. To be there, you have to earn your spot man. Uncle, all the best!Malaysia Boleh!

No comments: