Tuesday 1 September 2009

Down + Dehydrated

At this very moment, I feel like I'm at the lowest point in life. I have been tired ever since....don't know when. Every morning I struggle to open my eyes and I drag my feet to work. I start doubting beliefs that I used to believe in, people I used to trust, things I used to find enjoyment and fulfillment in doing. I have changed.

A couple of months back during our church's prayer rally. I went out to the altar, I really needed a touch from God. I was so drained. I felt like Martha in the gospel, being distracted by all the preparation, training, planning, meetings, etc. Pastor Ann put her hands on my shoulder with a tight grip, looked into my eyes and asked me, 'Are you depressed?' I thought to myself, what a question. Do I even look like one. I'm tough, come on. I quickly replied, 'No,no,no. I am not.' I guess I have been living in denial. It's tiring living a life like this.

Martha then complained to the Jesus asking why is she the only one doing all the work. And He replied (I love this), "You are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." Only one thing is needed. One.

I have chosen to let go some of my responsibilities. Like Paul commented, run light.

Even the best fall down sometimes, Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Howie Day

No comments: