Sunday 13 September 2009

Bitten by "Snake"

I'm down with Shingles and that's bad. Went to the doctor, got a jab from him. He then told me that I can only take pork and vegetable. It first occurred 1 week ago and I thought it is just some insect bite, so I didn't bother much bout it. As days past, it became more painful and it started to spread.

When I can't continue training, I really feel geram. No state training tomorrow as my nerves are being attack!! Uhhhh.... =(
FYI
Shingles (Herpes zoster) is an extremely painful skin rash caused by the Varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. In people who have had chickenpox, the virus is never fully cleared from the body; instead, it remains dormant in the nerve tissues. When physical or emotional stresses to the body weaken the immune system, the virus re-activates and spreads along the nerve fibers to the particular area of skin supplied by the involved nerve (called a dermatome). The virus responsible for chickenpox and shingles is a member of the Herpesviruses, although it is not the same as the Herpes simplex 1 and 2 viruses that cause cold sores and genital herpes, respectively.

No comments: