Monday 21 September 2009

Back to Training

I have this SE w580i phone which has a fitness function. It counts the steps you take and gauges your running speed. Even though it not absolutely accurate, but it's good enough for casual use. It also shows your progress on a graph, gives you "medals" for working out, and even throws in a sports-trivia game. Sounds pretty cool huh? It has been my training companion for more than a year d.

Last Friday I ran around Bukit Dumbar, wanted to run for about an hour. But after 15++ minutes into my run, the sky started to pour. Had to stop and drive back home. Results from my phone showed;

Distance
3.0 km
Time
17:02:51
Average speed
10.5 km/h
Maximum speed
14.2 km/h

Based on this result I'm running an average of 5.5 minutes per km. That's pretty slow. Maybe the phone's result is no accurate.haha.

The whether is getting better now, no more sudden rains and flash flood. Managed to a 31km ride in about an hour. That's an average of about 30km/h. Not too bad. I think this is the furthest I've ever cycled with Ima. Its my first time trying a new route. Started from my house, Kinta Lane - Jelutong Expressway - Bukit Jambul - Bukit Gambir - Greelane - MBS - Macalister Road - Back home. I thought to myself what an achievement.

But as I read this, '81.49km ride yesterday in 2:50.10 (average 28.7kph)' It really made me feel small and weak. On the brighter side, it is a motivation to me. I enjoy reading his blog because I feel we have similaries except that I don't have a girlfriend. =p

[31K bike]

No comments: