Wednesday 30 September 2009

One Crazy Night

Last night I did a another loop around my usual route. I felt much stronger with my legs and I thought to myself that I could improve on my time, maybe its because of the cool wheather. While I was riding through Jelutong Expressway, there was a really nasty accident at the other side of the road. A lot of by 'kaypo' people surrounding the area.

Went on smooth, strong and fast until....................... a motorbike came and knocked my front wheels! Walaueh!! The first thing that came to my mind was, 'Gai liao la!! Ima sure gone d.' He just apologized and sped away, claiming that he didn't see me. He was dreaming la! Come on!!! But really thank God that the wheel was still okay and I just got a little scratch on my hand. There goes my personal best (PB) time.

[a pretty deep scratch at my front wheel]

[a small cut, fortunately I was holding the lower handle bar]

[a deep damage at my grip, if my hands were there, gone case]

[fork also not smooth anymore =/]

[broken rear red light and I lost 2 AAA size batteries]

After my accident, I quickly race home because the clouds were turning black and the wind was getting stronger. When I was almost home, there was another rider following me from behind. So I tried to be friendly, turned and say hie. He gave me some pointers, advices and even invited me to his 'geng'. He thinks I'm fast and my stamina is good. Hahaha!

I told him my main sport is Floorball le. Floorball is the foundation for all my physical fitness. So we exchange numbers and he even help me fix my new toy, a cycle computer. Yes!!! My Cateye Strada Wireless. Wohoo! When I fix it on my own, the computer can't seem to connect to the receiver but he saved me. Thanks Sani.

One think I've learned is that we should be friendly if we are good at something. Don't be stuck up and hidung tinggi. Not good for you and people around you. Just cycle and make friends. Even though being friendly is not my strength but I still try. I am shy guy. Ha!ha!

Now I can track my speed and distance more accurately. Don't have to use Google earth anymore. And it was an interesting night.

[40K bike and two lost AAA batteries]

No comments: