Sunday 27 September 2009

X3M Weekend

Non stop action since Thursday till Sunday. Suppose to go for easy walk/jog on Friday with my 'client' but her car's tire 'puncit', but since I'm there already, ala...just go run a few rounds le. That time my muscles already starting to feel it.

Then Sat morning, went for easy swim and I still think my swim suck to the maximum. At night, cannot sleep. Don't know why, maybe because too hungry. Set my alarm at 6am. Woke up a few times to check the time.

Cooo-cu-ko-koooooo. The time has come for the awaited Charity Run for Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital. Woke up, brush teeth, do/feel the usual morning stuff and all set to go.

Reached there about 7.15am and took our yellow hand bands. Waited with the rest at the starting line for the gun to go off. It wasn't as crowded as compared to other runs that I've been but the starting point is really cramp and narrow, causing a mass bottleneck jam. That itself cost me almost 1minute or so.

[Sam - the hand model]

[Starting point]

As usual my objective for the run is to keep my pace and not get 'cut' by others. Started off by trying to get out from the crowd, so have to run the 'rempit' style. Left, right, in, out, sudden break, no signal, sudden acceleration, etc.

After running through botanical gardens, the traffic was much better. More space = More fresh air = Less body odour = more energy. All I did was mark a target with good pace, follow him until I overtake him. Works for me. There were small slopes other than that all flat ground.

Results from my w580i after finishing the race.

Distance
5.8km
Time
30.26
Average speed
11.4km/h
Maximum speed
15.5km/h

Average of 5.1+ minutes per km. Again if I compare my results with the treadmill's result. There's a moderate significant difference. Further detailed analysis is needed.

There were some programes after the run and of course free Vico beverages. Who doesn't want free stuff? And yes of course, the awaited lucky draw which includes a motor bike, I-phone and many more. It started with...

[Body combat]

[Belly dancing/fitness]

and

[a very happy man]

This guy is really sporting and I mean a happy man in a good way. He's supportive and he's the only one who at least tried to follow their moves. All of us were invited to try out the belly fitness. But pai seh la.

[chinese drummer boys]

[my not-so-lucky number]

After some talks from the VIPs, it was drawing time. I really hope I would get something. Numbers after numbers were called. My 3958 wasn't mentioned throughout the draw. Haih.

[a runner winning tonnes of black source]

They gave out about 5 packs of black/soy source. And when this guy walked pass me, I heard someone from behind saying, 'Wahh...eh sai char bee hoon liao.' hahaha.

At the end of the day, we won a medal, a certificate of participation, a hard bread and a bottle of mineral water. I had fun with my buddy Sam, first run together with him and btw he is only minutes behind me. Good job!

[happy Sam with his medal+cert]

[a miracle miler product]

create animated gif
[the harvest are plentiful but the workers are few]

No comments: